Prisoners with shot to the brain.

Started by Daman453, August 08, 2015, 11:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daman453

Hello everyone, ever get that prisoner with a shot to the brain? Maybe a tribal at level 99 recruit difficulty. but why? The shot to the brain might have made him retarded, (I don't mean that in a mean way, just saying) or maybe forget short term memory, so shouldn't recruit difficulty go down?   
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

Mr.Cross

Not necessary, if you damage your frontal lobe of your brain you entire personality changes. You lose the ability to fear, and your aggression increases. So in my mind that would make for an even harder time at recruiting..
Claims to know most things.

Mrshilka

Brain damage is so crushing in vanilla Rimworld rarely is it even worth recruiting someone with it.
And the levels of Brain damage means you are trying to recruit Hodor or possibly a rock.

christhekiller

Quote from: Mrshilka on August 09, 2015, 12:40:41 AM
Brain damage is so crushing in vanilla Rimworld rarely is it even worth recruiting someone with it.
And the levels of Brain damage means you are trying to recruit Hodor or possibly a rock.

hey hey hey. Hodor is actually useful. Don't be hatin' on Hodor.

That being said, just euthanize any brain damaged folk. Or set them free I suppose... It's better that way

muffins

Brain damaged colonists have many uses. You can stick their bed in the dining hall and disable all their jobs just so they can give the social chat bonus to otherwise lone diners. Your doctors can train up on them too. Leg off, leg on, organ out, organ in etc.

mumblemumble

This makes me think there should be an eviction ability for colonists.. Evict people who aren't useful,  maybe even having  them stopby later as an event.

But they also work as bait for ambushes,  or kamikazi nade / molotov users.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

lusername

Quote from: muffins on August 09, 2015, 01:38:37 AM
Brain damaged colonists have many uses. You can stick their bed in the dining hall and disable all their jobs just so they can give the social chat bonus to otherwise lone diners.
Although you'd think their conversational depth would be limited:
"So, how was your day?"
"Timmeh!"

Mikhail Reign

I think brain damaged colonists should get a buff to their general mood. The ol' ignorance is bliss idea. Also it would make them a little less of a hassle by giving them a little more thread so they can make it from the fridge to the table without having a mental break.

Basically it would work like a trade off - they work slower, but they also work a little longer.  (Obviously it wouldn't be a zero sum equation - a brain damaged colonist won be as useful as one that isn't)

Necronomocoins

A few years ago I drove my two door hatch back head on into a Mack truck and spent 11 months in hospital. When the doctors told me that I had "severe brain damage", I didn't believe them and asked, "why am I so much smarter now?" They answered "We don't know enough about the human brain to answer that accurately." My point is that brain damage doesn't always work the same way for every case and could be reflected in game by a random small chance of brain damage having a permanent positive effect.

b0rsuk

Quote from: mumblemumble on August 09, 2015, 01:49:11 AM
This makes me think there should be an eviction ability for colonists.. Evict people who aren't useful,  maybe even having  them stopby later as an event.

But they also work as bait for ambushes,  or kamikazi nade / molotov users.

I'm amazed how many people run their colonies like corporations, not groups of human beings.

Mr.Cross

Quote from: b0rsuk on August 09, 2015, 10:40:24 AMI'm amazed how many people run their colonies like corporations, not groups of human beings.

There tends to not be a lot of empathy when you are trying to survive, or at least help a group of colonist survive.

TwixFunSize

For Colonists and enemies that get brain damage, no matter who it is, I always put them down and in a proper  burial :(

Mr.Cross

Quote from: TwixFunSize on August 09, 2015, 02:10:56 PM
For Colonists and enemies that get brain damage, no matter who it is, I always put them down and in a proper  burial :(

At least someone hasn't been corrupted by our ways...

Daman453

Even if my dude is really slow and breaks trying to get a meal, i think i might just kill him and a grave stone with a flower pot, interesting really, i wanted him as a crafter, haul in meals, put the stuff he needs in his room, he spends all day in his room. Damn if i had a convor mod then i could auto meal and auto send him stuff, maybe art?
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

Coenmcj

Quote from: Mr.Cross on August 09, 2015, 02:38:52 PM
Quote from: TwixFunSize on August 09, 2015, 02:10:56 PM

At least someone hasn't been corrupted by our ways...
... Yet.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite