Fire Extinguishers

Started by Drakon22, August 09, 2015, 02:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakon22

I recently lost a whole colony to an exploding conduit that burned them all to death, because they got trapped inside. I think that the ability to research and produce fire extinguishers, to put distance between your colonists and the fire would be great, because the colonist would be at less risk. Also, in fires, can the roof start collapsing? That would be cool. And lastly, can we get timers for power conduits? So it would deactivate the switch after so long. And tasers. Its no fun to keep having colonists go on hard mental breaks and then being shot to death by a trigger happy oaf. So it would incapacitate. And the ability to set limbs or body parts as the target for colonists, so you could be less lethal. And also, the ability to have animals to transport goods or people would be great.

-Thank, Drakon

Mr.Cross

Clutter by morofa has a fire extiguisher like object. However everything else you have listed doesn't exsist as far as i'm aware of.
Claims to know most things.

harpo99999

if you have wooden walls/support posts and they catch alight then the roof can collapse when the area unsupported exceeds the 11 squares in each direction

Mr.Cross

I thought it was six squares in any direction? Unless you have two walls twelve squares apart in which case it's still only six squares per wall.

harpo99999

12 squares between supports, ie max support is in the 6-8 squares, but if too big a gap the you risk colapse

Mr.Cross

Yea, that's what I thought but still wasn't to sure.

harpo99999

regarding the timers part of the op's questions, there is haplo's magneficent power switches mod(which in my opinion is vital for play)

LouisTBR

This is a really interesting idea, and could one day be a pretty essential part of Rimworld life (or death)! If Tynan doesn't include it straight away (Which he really should), then maybe one of the mod boffins could add it in to the game.

From Louis  8)
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

b0rsuk

In the meantime, equip molotov cocktains and incendiary launchers. Go outside and fire away! The engine can't handle a big fire, and soon you will see a rain.

Toggle

Tasers and selecting body parts to attack is unlikely to happen probably due to balance reasons.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.