Traps

Started by DeltaV, August 09, 2015, 06:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaV

Hi, everyone. I haven't played in a while, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to lay out deadfall traps in my little killbox so that they won't damage my pawns. I've tried putting them in a checkerboard pattern, but it seems like they still tend to activate the traps when trying to retrieve anything from the area or just after setting them. What is the optimal way to set up your traps so that they do the most damage to enemies but the least (preferably none) to one's colonists?
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

userfredle

Colonists perposly avoid traps, so all you have to do is make a hallway with a door for a shkrtcut for your colonists, if the hall is short enough raiders will still prefer to walk rather thab bash down the door however your colonists will always avoid the traps

muffins

Give you colonists a safe way to avoid the traps like their own passageway with doors on both ends and leave the traps in an open passageway. A few doors will help them maintain the traps safely.

Mercuryca

Topics to search And should be studied very much.

A Friend

Yeah, what muffins said. Here's how I use traps.

Also, I'm not too reliant on a killbox so also use a bunch of traps on where enemies would be very likely to take cover from. Like walls, sandbags and chunks.

(Turrets are optional.)
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"