Danish translation

Started by cultist, August 12, 2015, 08:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cultist

Hello.

I would like to contribute to the Danish translation, but nothing seems to have been updated for about 8 months. Are the project initiaters still active? If not, how do I go about getting involved?

eirikbirkeland

Hi Cultist,

I just inquired about the same thing, but for Norwegian. What I have done despite no answers yet, is clone the Norwegian repository and start working on it.

If you are interested I suggest you just fork the repository and make changes on your new copy, then you can do a pull request when you wish to commit changes for inclusion.

I followed instructions for getting involved and e-mailed Michael ... but I was then referred BACK to this thread, so now I take 'matters into my own hands' until someone berates me :)

I think it's a great game, and it would be cool to have it fully localized into languages like Danish and Norwegian.

Cowboyhat

Hi guys

I'm eager to get started on the Danish translation for this extraordinary game.
Anyone else still working on it?

Cheers,
Cowboyhat

mcgranslev

Hi all
I am villing to help making the danish translation, i have allready followed the guide and created a user at github and downloaded the tranlation files, and have allready translated some files to danish, and corrected some of the translation but not uploaded my version of the files yet. Before i do anything i will hear, if anyone wants to cooperate and if someone has a translation out yet since it would be stupid to do the same work twice, and i wouldn't mind proofreading the danish tranlation of the files, if others need someone to take a look at thier danish translation.

Greetings and salutations
Mcgranslev

Cowboyhat

Hi McGranslev!
I think we are the only people working on this at the moment.
Perhaps we need to create a new branch, but I'm not entirely sure. What I think is important is that we:

1) Don't work on the same sections simultaneously, though we can proof-read each other's work.
2) Use this forum to agree on translations of some important Rimworld-specific words and terms, such as Mechanoid, Outlander, Spacer, animal names and so on.

Do you think that sound OK for starters? Do you have any preferred sections you'd like to start working on?

BR,
Cowboyhat

KINGPIN_DK

Hi guys....
Is this thread still "alive"? :)