[A12] Containers For Stuff (v1.1.1)

Started by Wivex, August 12, 2015, 02:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filippe999

Now, if we could only limit the amount of stacks of a given item hauled to a container - ie, only put two t-shirts in the container - this would be complete.  :)
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Wivex

Quote from: 1000101 on August 14, 2015, 02:30:45 AM
Now, if we could only limit the amount of stacks of a given item hauled to a container - ie, only put two t-shirts in the container - this would be complete.  :)

I don't really get the purpose of doing so. It's not really hard to do (though it will require another GUI tab for each item limits, which is HUGE list and not very compatibile with other mods), but i don't think it's really worth it. What containers really need now is xml variables for max slots and cooling/rotting disable to make freezers. I will add these features soon.

For now i need more detailed feedback from people who use this mod, because i don't have time to do proper testing myself.

dismar

I've been using this mod all weekend now and have no issues at all with it :) Thank you. i've replaced my stock zones and saved a bunch of space!

Wivex

The method i used to organize containers is allowing the hauling system to stack multiple things on the cell, where my container building is. It leads to 2 problems: stacking of thing's labels and textures. Textures of those things can be easily manipulated with, but labels were unaffected by whatever i've tried to do with them (to hide them or cover with something like another text ot label). Is there any way to change or disable individual labels?

P.S. I know that containers should utilize Container class like pawn's carry hands, but it is too difficult for me to implement.

Tynan

I'm afraid there is no built-in way to disable UI labels at runtime. You could override Thing.DrawUIOverlay, but you'd have to do it on every thing you wanted to be able to disable. Sorry.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Wivex

Quote from: Tynan on August 17, 2015, 12:18:55 PM
I'm afraid there is no built-in way to disable UI labels at runtime. You could override Thing.DrawUIOverlay, but you'd have to do it on every thing you wanted to be able to disable. Sorry.

Sigh. I'll leave that as it is then. Thanks for the reply.

Wildcard82

I am running this along with miscellaneous/MAI and this has replaced the nano storage in the furniture tab, the nano storage I already have still operate correctly but I cannot place any more. Do I need to load this before miscellaneous/is there a patch?

skullywag

do they happen to have the same defname or something? probably worth someone checking the 2 defs for similar naming conventions.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Zhadum

I think I found a bug that will make me not want to use these until fixed.

Just noticed that all the stuff I had in the containers didn't need mending and they are all of normal quality... that felt a bit odd.. So i made a guy haul a good parka in there.. and it turned into a normal parka with full health.

So as it is now, it seems to replace all clothing (haven't tested weapons) with a new piece of clothing that has normal quality.

skullywag

What happens if you put a damaged item in there like a potato?

Zhadum

Didn't have a potato, but a broken medkit.
Got full health.
So it would seem all items are replaced with identical versions with normal quality if applicable.

skullywag

and the items that come out of the contaier are deffo fully repaired, i.e. it not just while they are in the container?

Zhadum

Yeah, you can't see item health while in container I believe anyway.

skullywag

hmmm strange that it does this, he only grabs a list of stuff in the cell, no idea why it would reset a thing....ill keep digging and grab him on the modders slack if i find anything.