[A12] Containers For Stuff (v1.1.1)

Started by Wivex, August 12, 2015, 02:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wivex

Quote from: Zhadum on August 19, 2015, 07:49:29 AM
Just noticed that all the stuff I had in the containers didn't need mending and they are all of normal quality... that felt a bit odd.. So i made a guy haul a good parka in there.. and it turned into a normal parka with full health.

Seems like a real bug to me, i wish i knew about earlier. Will fix with next mod version soon.

skullywag

Your screenshot should have given it away really lol
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Wivex

Quote from: skullywag on August 19, 2015, 12:02:06 PM
Your screenshot should have given it away really lol

Haven't even thought about it.

Zhadum

I wish it had just healed the items... would have been much more playable that way until fixed XD

Wivex

I've found and solved this problem, added refrigeration possibility for food and made some other improvements, but also found a nasty bug with storage priorities. Pawns haul the items to storage or stockpile with higher priority just fine, but can't do properly the other way (forget to carry some items). I think i can trace it, but it will require a lot of tinkering with vanilla game code and much more time. I'll release new mod version when everything is ready. Maybe in a few days.

Wivex

Update bump:

Version 1.1 update:
- Fixed a bug: stored items being created anew and loose their properties.
- Fixed a bug: reshuffling items between different stockpiles and containers when storage priorities are changed now working properly.

- Container functionality is now granted by CompContainer, which can be added to any building of Building_Storage class. It has xml configured itemsCap property. (Values between 2 and 15 are adviced)
- Made container's items UI tab automatically resizeble, depending on ItemsCap property.
- Added new container type - Fridge. Restricted to store food and keeps it from spoiling. Requires power to operate.
- Freezing functionality is granted by CompRefrigerated which can be added to any building of Building_Storage class, with CompPowerTrader attached to it too.
- Some xml changes and optimization.

Spare74

I've encountered a bug that is pretty damn annoying and after some testing I am now certain that it's coming from this mod.
I can't prioritize hauling dead animal, it only lets me bury them:

I love your mod but I won't be using it while this bug isn't fix because it makes collecting food a real pain in the ass :s

FMJ Penguin

Reminds me of crates in DF. Always wondered why there wasn't such an item in RW. Bases get awfully fugly and littered late game without something like this. Ty for this. Looks like another staple mod :)

Now I just gotta find an actual "crate" looking texture to complete that old DF feel haha. Your tex may actualy look "too good" to be filling up entire warehouses with :P If you get my drift.
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Wivex

Added Korean language support provided by Latta.

Quote from: Spare74 on August 24, 2015, 04:42:16 AM
I can't prioritize hauling dead animal, it only lets me bury them.

You really can't, haven't seen seen that. Thanks for the feedback. Must be something with the A12 hauling job changes. Will try to fix soon.

Spare74

Quote from: Wivex on August 24, 2015, 03:30:00 PM
Quote from: Spare74 on August 24, 2015, 04:42:16 AM
I can't prioritize hauling dead animal, it only lets me bury them.

You really can't, haven't seen seen that. Thanks for the feedback. Must be something with the A12 hauling job changes. Will try to fix soon.

I had prepare EdB Prepare Carefully activated. I don't see why it would have something to do with hauling but I figured I might as well tell you :)

Wivex

It really was so. Tynan excluded Corpse check from hauling jobs in A12. Hotfix is made. Should work as intended now.

Quote from: FMJ Penguin on August 24, 2015, 08:42:27 AM
Reminds me of crates in DF. Always wondered why there wasn't such an item in RW. Bases get awfully fugly and littered late game without something like this. Ty for this. Looks like another staple mod :)

I wish i could make containers behave like bins in DF, but it's impossible. Game is not designed for that and has strict limitations. I made a lot of tricky moves, additions to vanilla and tweaks to make a somewhat similar to the container thing. Even with all the effort i put in this mod, it has a lot of flaws, most of which are unsolvable (like stacked item's labels being piled up and colony resources not being shown properly).
Anyway, they do their job and i'm not intended to develop it any further in the near future (will keep bugfixing if they come). I have big plans for this mod and continue working on it, when i'll go for my global mod project. It still needs simaltenious availability for multiple pawns (currently being reserved for 1 pawn, like any other jobs on cell), variety of types and lot's of other cool stuff, which require a lot of work.

Kirid

Awesome! I've been wanting to make something like this for a long time.
Needs a safe/vault graphic, I want to make an old western bank.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Zhadum

I've been a good little bug tester and actually read through all comments so far and can't find a mention of clothes being inaccessible to wear.

Which seems to be the case for me. My guys won't get new clothes from these containers and seem to prefer to run around half naked. But when I decided to move to a normal storage, they went and got dressed quick enough.

Wivex

Quote from: Zhadum on August 26, 2015, 07:47:45 AM
I've been a good little bug tester and actually read through all comments so far and can't find a mention of clothes being inaccessible to wear.
Which seems to be the case for me. My guys won't get new clothes from these containers and seem to prefer to run around half naked. But when I decided to move to a normal storage, they went and got dressed quick enough.

I'll check that, sounds like a problem with detecting replacement for worn out outfits. But i won't be able to fix that until weekend, too busy these days. Keep your clothes in stockpiles for now.

Vault101

This mod is causing lag every time I right click on anything while colonists are not drafted. I've double checked with mod on and off and this is what is causing it.

When colonists are drafted you can order them to do things like rescue / capture / eat food / talk to comms without issues. When they're not, every right click, be it hauling or any other type of interaction makes the game really laggy. Even more laggy when the colony gets bigger. I have over 40 people now and lots of stuff, whenever I right click to haul something specific the whole thing freezes for 5-10 seconds.

I also can't seem to disable the mod and "rescue" the saved game. I deleted all storage boxes so they're not part of the save but I still can't load the game properly after disabling the mod.

Help!