[A12] Containers For Stuff (v1.1.1)

Started by Wivex, August 12, 2015, 02:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterVertigo

Holy crap this is awesome. I can save SO MUCH ROOM in my freezers now! I can fit 100 meals on one tile now instead of 10.

Thank you for this!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Wivex

Quote from: MisterVertigo on September 16, 2015, 02:26:32 PM
Holy crap this is awesome. I can save SO MUCH ROOM in my freezers now! I can fit 100 meals on one tile now instead of 10.

Thank you for this!

You can't. Having more than 15 items on the same cell will almost certainly cause errors, because game is not designed to work like that.

MisterVertigo

Quote from: Wivex on September 17, 2015, 06:57:29 PM

Thank you for this!
I have 10 stacks of meals (with 10 meals in each stack) in a container right now. I'm sure I could not have 100 stacks, but I can have 100 meals.

You can't. Having more than 15 items on the same cell will almost certainly cause errors, because game is not designed to work like that.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Toggle

You put your chat in the quote. A lot of people end up doing that xD
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Keychan

Is it a bug that prisoners cannot take food out of the freezers?

Wivex

I have 10 stacks of meals (with 10 meals in each stack) in a container right now. I'm sure I could not have 100 stacks, but I can have 100 meals.

This way, you can have up to 10 * 15 = 150 meals or 75 * 15 = 1125 raw food in the freezer . Should be no problem.

Quote from: Keychan on September 18, 2015, 02:25:31 AM
Is it a bug that prisoners cannot take food out of the freezers?

Doubt that. Game doesn't see freezers as a "container". It's just some building with stacked food lying on it. But i've never tested this specific case with prisoners. Might be an actual bug indeed.

FMJ Penguin

Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Wivex

Quote from: FMJ Penguin on September 18, 2015, 03:30:08 AM
Whole crapload of box crates (top down view). May fit the theme a bit better than the lil chest does(although the chest is prettier and all). Give em a shadow height of say, .4 or more and you got yourself one tall storage container :P

Frankly speaking, it's a wall texture i took from Clutter mod.  ;D
But i have no urge to change it now myself (though you can replace it with any texture you want by yourself), because i'll make an overhauled version of this mod for a bigger mod project. This one is just a feature concept.

FMJ Penguin

That lil guy was a wall tex? Seriously wouldn't have guessed. What kinda wall?
So I got bored. Only works with wood tex types though. Metal and stone would just look weird XD. You could make an actual warehouse look :P

Don't need to use just thought I'd throw it up sense I have no use for it really.

Updated:The Evo1 version looks much better in-game imo but if your wood choices are really dark or something then the first one is likely the better choice.

[attachment deleted due to age]
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Wivex

Thanks for the textures, but i'm not intended to add any updates for this mod yet. Too much other stuff to do.
Btw, all furniture in the game tend to have an isometric top-side angle of view, not staight downward or sideward.

FMJ Penguin

Quote from: Wivex on September 18, 2015, 11:21:22 AM
Thanks for the textures, but i'm not intended to add any updates for this mod yet. Too much other stuff to do.
Btw, all furniture in the game tend to have an isometric top-side angle of view, not staight downward or sideward.

Hehe, Aww........ you don't like my square? I traded two of my best triangles for that square I'll have you know........grumbles........stupid black market shape traders......... 

EDIT:
Brought your loyalists a present. Stupid shape trader didn't take refunds ether so I'm looking for few tough gangsta types for a lil mission >:(  They mustn't be squeamish about triangles and squares found in tight places.  :o

[attachment deleted due to age]

dismar

Hey ! I love this mod for all the right reasons. I sometimes get a weird error whenever i try and store stone chunks in them. So i just don't. But I have add Medicine def group to the Fridge on mine for my "hospital". Mainly for the herb medicines since they go bad.

I think it's a cool idea i'd share with you.

Wivex

Quote from: dismar on September 22, 2015, 05:11:45 PM
Hey ! I love this mod for all the right reasons. I sometimes get a weird error whenever i try and store stone chunks in them. So i just don't. But I have add Medicine def group to the Fridge on mine for my "hospital". Mainly for the herb medicines since they go bad.

I think it's a cool idea i'd share with you.

Thanks, i'll remember that for future versions.

Megafly

Hey, nice mod, I love the crates to organize that big mess that deposits turn out sooner or later.

Today I found a little bug (yet easily worked around): when the destination of a cooked meal is one of this boxes inside the freezer, the cook just drops it by the stove. However, the pile can be hauled normally and will be carried to the box by a hauler, and sometimes the cook himself does it after the stove bill is done (if he has the priority set, of course).

Mega

Grimandevil

Quote from: Megafly on January 11, 2016, 08:39:03 PM
when the destination of a cooked meal is one of this boxes inside the freezer, the cook just drops it by the stove. However, the pile can be hauled normally and will be carried to the box by a hauler, and sometimes the cook himself does it after the stove bill is done (if he has the priority set, of course).

the same applies to a fridge box, provided by this mod. cook just doesnt recognize a fridge as a valid stockpile, dropping meals everywhere and continuing cooking new meals (as dropped meals aint accounted as stored). because of that i usually drop a single stockpile with lowest priority next to a stove, but thats kind of a detour.

another inconvenience i've noticed, is if u want to store raw ingredients (like raw meat in a fridge, closer to cooking place. or leathers in the workshop) it gets quite ugly around. i understand that those items just stacked on the floor under a texture. i mean, in theory, colonist' eye wouldnt catch what stored inside a box.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.