[A12d] JRPGeyes - Classic JRPG eyes for Colonists

Started by Garlandgreeneyes, March 30, 2015, 02:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garlandgreeneyes

This texture mod changes default colonist heads to feature eyes that I think of to be classic JRPG eyes or just similar to final fantasy 6, also, appearances are differentiated so as to be able to recognize pawns by sight, generally... get it at the Rimworld nexus!

http://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/mods/83/?

I hope you enjoy it!

This mod may be used in modpacks and modified and derivative works may be made.

Edit: Updated to Alpha 12d.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Latta

But aren't they... you know, too close? Even with JRPG standards.

Garlandgreeneyes

I was going for final fantasy 6 type eyes, so they match very closely to that... although there is some variation between them, some closer, some wider, as seen in the picture.

LustrousWolf

Maybe you could add different types of hair as well? I think the eyes and the current hair in the photos do not totally work out, some more than others. Anyway it is an idea and this is your mod. :P

Garlandgreeneyes

Thank you for the response, actually, I was thinking about doing the hair, clothes, items and terrain from ff6 as well at some point, though that's a big project, I did these and thought they looked pretty nice standalone so I thought I'd release them.  I did see someone else did a hair pack already, could be cool to combine them.

Ray_Anor

You need sub-mod, that add compatibility with Individual Appearance, or mod for this mod... and yes, Eyes too close to nose.

and... also - I'm not feel the difference male and female eyes and faces... think about it too, please.

Garlandgreeneyes

This is not a mod or submod, it's a texture pack.  The girls have makeup/eyelashes, but I agree they're not very pronounced.  The eyes vary, some very close, some medium, some far apart... because you asked nicely, I will make a separate pack with all of the eyes far apart and add emphasis to the makeup/eyelashes for the girls.  I'll post a link here when it's done, likely next week.  Thank you for the feedback, and for your interest in my texture pack.

Garlandgreeneyes

I had time this morning, so the new wider set eyes are done, they are available as a separate download named jrpgwide on the same page on the rimworld nexus.  Attaching screenshot for new version.  I hope you enjoy it!

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ray_Anor

Quote from: Garlandgreeneyes on April 02, 2015, 08:52:37 AM
I had time this morning, so the new wider set eyes are done, they are available as a separate download named jrpgwide on the same page on the rimworld nexus.  Attaching screenshot for new version.  I hope you enjoy it!

Nice! New version is MUCH better.
And at last - watch here, at the first post to get idea, and the post on the first page from Shinzy:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9505.0
Take some inspiration to do more individual faces, and make this [TEXTURE] to [MOD].
After that i'll be glad to include this mod to my [MODPACK] instead of Individual Appearance [TEXTURE].
My modpack is Balanced Fun, you can look it here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11888.0
Best regards and good luck!  8)