Maybe 5500 is TOO far in the future.

Started by Elixiar, August 13, 2015, 10:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail Reign

Quote from: Adamiks on August 17, 2015, 01:23:13 AM
I didn't get W7. This is the point. And i bought that PC without graphic card and with 1 gb ram, so i'm don't sure if it was good deal. But i got that 1 gb ram and GPU for free, though.

And i'm not upset, i understand it was a joke, but you know... My computer is a real potato refering to modern PCs. Anyway i'm sorry for that.

Yeah I think the problem was that you haven't heard of a raspberry pi before. They are basically all-in-one micro PC's. In western countries they cost <$50US. You use them for running software on custom builds etc (If you had a couch cushion that lit up with LEDs and displayed messages sent from a phone, it would be a Pi that was running the show on the inside).

b0rsuk

Raspberry Pi

This thing can run Quake 3 Arena.

Kegereneku

Reading you I suddenly feel rich for buying THIS VERY DAY a computer around 1400$
...that said it's purely coincidental since I was using an 10 frigging-years-old XP computers I got for free until now. And I'm hoping for the new one to last longer.

ps : we totally went off topic
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Adamiks

"Raspberry Pi
This thing can run Quake 3 Arena."

It's better than my PC, then ;d

"Reading you I suddenly feel rich for buying THIS VERY DAY a computer around 1400$"
My computer is like 8-10 years old - i barely could play Crysis 1 (smallest settings, shitty fps). I'm just poor, but i think you're kinda "more than normal rich", because these days stuff for PC is just amazing... and costly...

TheGentlmen

Adamiks... If you don't mind I have a questiom, where do you live? Like what city/town/vliiage/Country do you live in?

Adamiks

Quote from: Tynan. on August 17, 2015, 08:08:44 PM
Adamiks... If you don't mind I have a questiom, where do you live? Like what city/town/vliiage/Country do you live in?

Europe, Poland, "Łódź" (city). But i'm not a adult yet (14 years, i think you can see it on my profile), my dad died like... when i was 8? So only my mom is working, but looking at prices at my country i'm pretty sure that even if my mom would have partner this would be so much better.

Btw i you was going to say "sorry that your dad died" or something like that, you don't must, or - better - just don't say it because to be honest i was young when he died so i don't really care now + these situations are kinda awkward. It's so kind of you Tynan that you said that!

I'm joking, i know it is you! ;D

Adamiks

I didn't said it's the poorest, but c'mon man, 2.5 and 4.5 are diferent enough + prices are not saying about how much you get from "extras from the state" (for kids etc.) and how much you get from work. There is even a chance that you have more money from work in Egypt or something like that, but i really don't have any idea so i will leave it here ;d

TheGentlmen

Never said you said its the poorest, just stated that...

Anyway... GDP per capita is to summarize "Average money people have"... this is usually in US dollars, Poland had 15k, Egypt has 3k... 5x deference...

The big mac index is how much Big Mac Burgers the average person can buy after working an hour...

edit: To add on to what I said, Lets say an Egyptian earns 400 pounds/hr, a polish person earns 20 złoty/hr.

Now lets say an Egyptian can only buy a burger every 2 hours, while a polish person can get 1 every hour... This shows:
A- Egyptian Pounds have less buying power
B- They have less buying power because the economy is in a worse state...
C- Egyptians forever must have less GDP per capita... YES they have 503248329420 Million Pounds average GDP per Capita... but what they have is equivalent to 3k dollors. YES a poland my have 3 złoty average GDP per Capita... but those 3 złoty may equal 15k dollors...

I don't know how much Polish earn in their local currency, but with those 2 numbers(GDP/Capita & BMI) you can tell its rough economic state.

IF Egyptian earn more money they'd have a higher GDP/Capita.

Adamiks

"Never said you said its the poorest, just stated that..."

I know, but it was my shitty talking ;d

"Anyway... GDP per capita is to summarize "Average money people have"... this is usually in US dollars, Poland had 15k, Egypt has 3k... 5x deference... "

Wait... Are you saying that people in Poland have 15.000 dollars in their hands and people in Egypt have 3000 dollars? To be honest i don't know anyone who could get 15K dollars just like that, i think it's so big number because politicians have like 0.5-1 milion dollars in their hands and it makes "average person" really rich.

Btw i think we should move this discussion to the PM, because we're way too off-topic now (mods alert).

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Adamiks on August 18, 2015, 01:33:22 AM
"Never said you said its the poorest, just stated that..."

I know, but it was my shitty talking ;d

"Anyway... GDP per capita is to summarize "Average money people have"... this is usually in US dollars, Poland had 15k, Egypt has 3k... 5x deference... "

Wait... Are you saying that people in Poland have 15.000 dollars in their hands and people in Egypt have 3000 dollars? To be honest i don't know anyone who could get 15K dollars just like that, i think it's so big number because politicians have like 0.5-1 milion dollars in their hands and it makes "average person" really rich.

Btw i think we should move this discussion to the PM, because we're way too off-topic now (mods alert).

I ment the total worth of everything they own, like there house, clothes, ect...

Also see the 'K'... it means thousand  ;D... (Thats not an insult... its a joke)

Adamiks

Uhh... I see. Yeah "had". For me Poland is poorer year by year and to be honest i don't think that my house and everything in it is worth 3k (what did you mean saying "k=thousand", i did something wrong? ;d) dollars. Let's see.... I live in old building (that litterally crumbles). Rooms:
small kitchen (no space for table), 3 general rooms - 1 kinda big, 1 normal/small, 1 self-made small (it's my room, space for bed and desk, it was part of kitchen before), self-made bathroom (self-made by previous locators so instalation is shitty), "hall"/"anteroom" - just a room that connects bathroom (bathroom was a part of anteroom before), small room and kitchen. All would be ok, but because this building is really old walls literally have "fungus" in them, so my house isn't so wealthy = would costs less. It looks that these numbers are not so real or i'm just super poor in my country and i didn't even realised that.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Adamiks on August 18, 2015, 01:59:03 AM
(what did you mean saying "k=thousand", i did something wrong? ;d) dollars.

Quote from: Adamiks on August 18, 2015, 01:33:22 AM
Are you saying that people in Poland have 15.000 dollars in their hands and people in Egypt have 3000 dollars?

Thats what i speakabout... its an average of 15k not 15...

Anyway, Its called AVERAGE GDP/Capita for a reason... you might have slightly less/more... BUT if everything you own costs less than 3k while the average GDP/Capita is 15k then you've probably frogoen to count somthing. Maybe your bank holds some of your property? Or  your simply pretty poor :(.

Poland Data:
//Income
Mean wealth per adult: 26,056
Gross Mean wealth per adult: 31,988
Median wealth per adult: 9,109

//Debt
Debt per adult: 5,932

//Price Of Ownerships
GDP PPP: $996.477 billion (21st)
GDP PPP/Capita: $26,210 (49th)
GDP: $491.239 billion (23rd)
GDP/Capita: $12,920 (54th)

//Inequality: Lower is Better
Gini: 32.73 - Down

//Avg. Living Conditions, 1 is perfect
HDI: 0.834 - Ver. High (35th)

//Other
Cur.: Złoty
Pop.: 30 June 2014 estimate - 38,483,957 (34th)

Luckless

Side note reminder for international discussions involving numbers: Some countries use the period character for decimal notation, and some use the comma. Also different regions group digits in decimal notation different, some spacing every 3 digits with a comma, some with the period, and some with just a space. Other countries also group digits in interesting/weird ways.

Numbers are fun!

But still my earlier post was partly about how wealth, resources, and technology are not always as evenly spread as many people seem to think it will be, especially when talking about the future. I live in a city where the vast majority of people own a car and drive everywhere, but I walk pretty much all the time because I spend my money on things other than a money pit of a car. Some simply can't afford to own their own car, and make do without.

And even if you can afford some technology, you may not have the resources on hand to constantly use it. Fuel and maintenance requirements may simply be too high to use it all the time, so you would hold it in reserve for when it really matters. (I saw a photo from a few years ago of combatants somewhere overseas. They had modified a heavy truck into a light armoured vehicle, but mostly hauled it around with horses, and only fired up the engine to actually engage in combat due to how hard it was to get fuel at the time.) Just because you have access to a given technology doesn't mean you always get to employ it all the time.

Adamiks

"Thats what i speakabout... its an average of 15k not 15..."

Argument quote - "Side note reminder for international discussions involving numbers: Some countries use the period character for decimal notation, and some use the comma. Also different regions group digits in decimal notation different, some spacing every 3 digits with a comma, some with the period, and some with just a space. Other countries also group digits in interesting/weird ways. "

It looks good for me, maybe it's just a international numbers problem :/

"//Avg. Living Conditions, 1 is perfect
HDI: 0.834 - Ver. High (35th)"

Are you kidding me? Who made these statistics? Seriously, to get your way to some doctors you need to wait not days, not month, but MONTHS sometimes even half of year or more! Of course you can just pay and have it right now... Maybe i'm just complaining like almost every old (and not old) man in this country, i don't know, this would be helpful if someone from Poland would say what he thinks about it.

In my country you need to work like min for a pension 20 years (teacher, soldier etc.) or 40-50 (i don't exactly remember) in other "shitty" works. The fun part - you NEED to pay "contribution" while working for your own pension. On the end you can die before you will have enough time in work and if not then your pension is so shitty that old people don't have money even for basic meds that they need - you paid more in your life than you will get when you will be old, and you MUST do it. I don't know how bad situation other countries have but i'm really sure that Poland don't have good life standard* (*not refering to big fat dicks that got money from others hard work, like politics). And btw Poland is really close to Russia and we don't like each other (they cheated us while Germans was attacking us in World War II - both russians soldiers that was already in Poland and our soldiers was waiting for reinforcements), so i will be fucked if World War III will happen :/ Uh, i realised that i'm complaining about not having nice computer while people die so close to my country, i feel bad right now.