Art Commisions

Started by christhekiller, August 17, 2015, 03:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

christhekiller

So I'm going to start this suggestion with a story. Recently, one of my colonists died, a cheery fellow by the name of "Grimm." Now, it was of course, upsetting, to loose a colonist, but we burried him with all the honors. But soon after one of my colonists finished a small sculpture, and this sculpture was of Grimm capturing someone, and I thought to myself, oh how wonderful, we now have a statue to remember this noble colonist by and now it sits in the center of the dining room so all may remember the noble Grimm.

So basically, my suggestion is to have some sort of commision for sculptures and other pieces of art I suppose. Just a simple drop down menu to let you say you want the next sculpture to be about a specific person (or maybe event but that list could/ would get pretty long). Or just allow us to customize the description of our art (though this would probably make the art feel less special, since, ya know, I just wrote it)

JimmyAgnt007

I like this, being able to dedicate art to dead colonists/pets and maybe append a note to it rather than replace the description.  Maybe make a separate bill for dedicated art and have all the dead colonists and stuff listed as sources of inspiration, you select what ones you want.

A Friend

I can imagine it now:

This work bears an image of Old Man Dementia in his final moments.
He is being shoved into a butchering machine effortlessly while fully accepting his fate. There is a trade beacon on the side.
The event seems to take place in the middle of a town. The image of a smiling chef watches overhead.
The image suggests the concept of profit.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Nickvr628

Or,

The work bears the image of prisoner "Jib Grubs". He is missing his arms, legs, kindney, liver, heart, lungs, and brain. Beside him is a stockpile of medical components. Happy colonists stand around him. The image suggests the concept of euphoria.