[A11] Expanded Stone V2.00

Started by The13thRonin, August 14, 2015, 07:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The13thRonin

I've completely revamped the attributes of the vanilla stone to be more realistic... I've also broken each of the five stones in vanilla Rimworld into 35 different variations based on color, for example:

White Granite, Light Gray Granite, Dark Gray Granite, Pink Granite, Dark Red Granite:

Yellow sandstone, Tan Sandstone, Brown Sandstone, White Sandstone, Light Gray Sandstone, Dark Gray Sandstone, Black Sandstone, Pink Sandstone, Red Sandstone.

All of the colors are colors that the stones can achieve in real life out in their natural environment.

This will not conflict with anything and is compatible with all mods but you must put it at the bottom of your load order as it needs to overwrite all of the stone files!

Download Link!

ItchyFlea

I don't usually use mods other than my own, but this one might make the list. New colours for stone walls. Sounds good to me. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

FridayBiology

nice, needing a red wall though for my [strike] dungeons [/strike] prision
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

kahlzun

Can we get a screenshot of all the different types?
Look for me on the KSP forums!
Rimworld. The game where getting a cannibal psychopath with bloodlust is a good thing.

Pheanox

Quote from: Feirfec on August 14, 2015, 08:21:15 PM
nice, needing a red wall though for my [strike] dungeons [/strike] prision

Or for your forts occupied by mice and badgers.

The13thRonin

Quote from: kahlzun on August 14, 2015, 09:35:21 PM
Can we get a screenshot of all the different types?

Now that I've tested this as proof of concept I'm currently as we speak working on a massive overhaul. Screenshots will come alongside that.

The13thRonin

Updated the mod to expand the vanilla stones into 35 different colored varieties.

Revamped the stats for stone to be more in-line with reality (no more super strength limestone).

«Temple»

Can you do something besides Minecraft textures?(I'm not hating on Minecraft, it was an ok game and I grew out of it the month I got it, but please get some better textures) :P

The13thRonin

Quote from: Hunter00064 on August 15, 2015, 06:31:37 AM
Can you do something besides Minecraft textures?(I'm not hating on Minecraft, it was an ok game and I grew out of it the month I got it, but please get some better textures) :P

I did not make the texture for the stone block. The mod expands the variety of the colors of stones you can encounter. It does not provide any new textures. The only reason you're seeing that texture is because I have my own mod-pack installed that replaces the block texture that is not included in this mod.

But I would just like to point out that it is a very good texture and also that I don't understand how you think it's related to Minecraft... The most logical way to store blocks of stone is to stack them into a cube. There was roughly 4000 years of human history before Minecraft came along... Notch did not invent the cube ;).

Shinzy

Quote from: The13thRonin on August 15, 2015, 06:42:32 AMI don't understand how you think it's related to Minecraft...

they look very similar! So you see why hunter would make the connection ;D

The13thRonin

Quote from: Shinzy on August 15, 2015, 07:01:10 AM
Quote from: The13thRonin on August 15, 2015, 06:42:32 AMI don't understand how you think it's related to Minecraft...

they look very similar! So you know why hunter would make the connection ;D

Yeah I suppose they do look similar. But I still didn't make the texture and it's not in the mod :P.

«Temple»

I used to use that texture pack shinzy :D. I recognize it by the chest in the upper left.

harpo99999

and just to throw another 'spanner' on the works, I have a GREEN granite bar top in my bar and yes it is a nice medium dark green and I do like drinking on the bar andthe top was cut from a slab of green granite

Latta

Why did I find this now? Hope it gets updated.

One question: Do they spawn on a map as a mineable natural rock?

harpo99999

they do spawn during the map creation, but you do have to start a new world first, but it adds the extra stone types to the possible stones in the world, and each map seems to only have three different stone types
so the steps to use are 1 create world,2 create colony on new world,3 play,