Invisible food bug

Started by palandus, December 23, 2013, 09:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

palandus

I've encountered an odd bug. Maybe an issue with the modding process, but I've encountered this issue in multiple locations. This is in 0.254b build. Basically here is what happens:

1) If you hover over a location it says Food x6.
2) This location is also devoid of any food whatsoever. It is simply an empty square, maybe with some dirt or gravel on it.
3) Trying to build anything on this square causes all pawns with the "Building" task, to go and stand on this square. They will continue to stand on this square until you cancel the building and clear their AI. (They get stuck in a loop in other words). Clearing their AI means Drafting them and then Undrafting them.
4) The AI thinks there is food there when there isn't. Therefore it cannot build anything in that square.
5) If you drop food near the location and order someone to collect food, they don't go to that square and grab the invisible food.

I'll grab some screenshots in a moment (PrintScr ain't working so have to reload game with FRAPs active).

EDIT: Reloading the game cleared the issue. Odd. If I spot it again, I'll take a screenshot of it.

Semmy

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

palandus

Negative.

Haven't figured out how to access the .dds files yet. Then again I don't really care either as I'm terrible at artistry.

Semmy

(-:

i havent been able to reproduce this btw.
maybe somebody else can.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

palandus

Well, I thought I'd mention it in case it is a bug and not just my terrible modding efforts. Probably the modding did it, but I found it strange enough to post it.