Prisoner Revolts? Sabotage? Threats From the Inside

Started by The13thRonin, August 16, 2015, 09:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The13thRonin

Perhaps prisoners could attempt to revolt and smash their way to your armories to grab weapons?

Maybe even you could have a system of 'moles' where a convert is not really a colonist but is secretly a mole. When there is a big raid perhaps they might sabotage the base? Blow up the bases power generation or make a big hole in the walls for the enemy to get inside?

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: The13thRonin on August 16, 2015, 09:46:49 AM
Perhaps prisoners could attempt to revolt and smash their way to your armories to grab weapons?

Maybe even you could have a system of 'moles' where a convert is not really a colonist but is secretly a mole. When there is a big raid perhaps they might sabotage the base? Blow up the bases power generation or make a big hole in the walls for the enemy to get inside?
fog of war would do this just nicely
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Sharp

I like the prison revolt idea. If you have multiple prisoners from the same faction they can all revolt at the same time.

Mr.Cross

Quote from: Sharp on August 16, 2015, 12:09:51 PM
I like the prison revolt idea. If you have multiple prisoners from the same faction they can all revolt at the same time.

Eh, I think that should depend on the recruit difficulty or under a certain mood range, if it's higher than a say 60 or is under 50% mood, the prisoner would be more likely to break out/help the others break out. However if the prisoner is under said number (in case of the recruitment difficulty) or higher than said mood. then the prisoner would "like" being there and would choose not to make a break out attempt even if there is one going on with other colonists, whether they be of the same faction or not. Another good thing is if they are successful at breaking free they would call a temporary truce with the enemy faction until they get off screen.
Claims to know most things.

CB elite

I think that a much easier thing for Tynan to implement would be to make prisoners from a raiding faction become part of the raid. The game would check for a prisoner's faction, determine if their faction was assaulting the colony, and then make that prisoner a member of the raid somehow (not sure how possible this is to do, if I'm being totally honest, but it made sense in my head). This way, your prisoners would automatically begin breaking down doors from inside your colony while incoming troops from the hostile faction assault your base from the outside. It would definitely add some intensity to the game, for sure.

But like Mr. Cross pointed out, it would be nice if prisoners who were enjoying their prisoner lives didn't try to break free. This way, people only have to worry about prison break if their prisoners go neglected :D

kingtyris

I like it. It would make a good event and wouldn't be difficult to implement. Should only trigger if you have X amount of prisoners, and individual prisoners should have a less than 100% chance of joining the revolt(after all, some of them wouldn't be keen to get clubbed by the wardens.)