[Rimworld Tool] The Character Creation Buddy (Windows Only)

Started by SupernovaDX, August 16, 2015, 11:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SupernovaDX

Character Creation Buddy
Hi,
My name is SupernovaDX
Has this ever happened to you?

So you were getting ready to start a new a new a sexy game of rimworld

And you like it Rough

When all of a Sudden *BAM* you hit the character creation screen and guess what. One of your characters has low growing you see no other option then to spam the randomize button. And spam it you DO!

Hundreds of times, THOUSANDS OF TIMES. It's absurd, its insane! OH NOO

BUT WAIT! What what is that majestic beast showing its Subroutine in the corner?

It's, It's, It's, The Character Creation Buddy

Oh joyous day! No longer will I have to click the endless clicks to get my perfect character

But How do I use such a powerful and responsible tool?
No need to fear,
It's easy just download it
make sure you have AutoHotkey Installed (http://www.autohotkey.com/)
then run the exe It's Almost that simple

Almost?       OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS

1) Select the skill you would like to look for
2) Select the level you want that fantastic skill to be at
3) click the subroutine 1 button
4) click on Rimworld and hit ctrl+j
5)Watch magic happen
5a) In the event you need to close the program hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc and close the program in your processes list

Video(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvpP2TZKjgQ)

Gui, New

Gui, Add, DropDownList, vTraitSelection, Mining|Growing|Construction|Cooking|Medicine|Crafting|Research|Social|Shooting|Melee|Artistic
Gui, Add, DropDownList, vNumberFocus, 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19
Gui, Add, Button, gsub1, Subroutine 1
Gui, Show, w200 h100, Rimworld Character Helper
return

sub1:
gui , submit
return

^j::

WinGetPos, , , winSizeX, winSizeY, A
ImageSearch, imgx, imgy, 0, 0, winSizeX, winSizeY, pics\Randomize.PNG
   if (ErrorLevel = 0) {
   imgx += 10
   imgy += 10
   }

imgxx := imgx -1
imgyy := imgy -1

ImageSearch, conx, cony, 0, 0, winSizeX, winSizeY, pics\%TraitSelection%.PNG
ImageSearch, infx, infy, 0, 0, winSizeX, winSizeY, pics\Info.PNG
ImageSearch, stax, stay, 0, 0, winSizeX, winSizeY, pics\Start.PNG

conl := cony - 10
cong := cony + 20

Loop:

ImageSearch, numx, numy, conx, conl, infx, cong, pics\%NumberFocus%.PNG
if(ErrorLevel = 0){
mousemove, %numx%, %numy%
ExitApp
return
}

endLoop:
Click %imgx%, %imgy%
mousemove, 100, 100
goto, Loop
end:
return

[attachment deleted due to age]

SupernovaDX

I fixed the Initial Issue so it should work fine now. Or at least, buggy but functional.

Ramsis

Eh....

You're a new user with 2 posts, both of which are in this thread.... I wouldn't touch your program with a 10 foot pole because nobody knows you and it's a ZIP with a random EXE in it.

Post a video of it being used and maybe we'll talk, but otherwise I can't recommend people touch this. Not to mention the Prepare Carefully mod already does exactly what your program does but ingame.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

SupernovaDX

I can see where you are coming from. I've been playing rimworld for a while without dipping too much into the modding scene. I created this based off of necessity and thought I would share it. This is for those who do not want to go into the whole plan carefully mod, and just want to use the default character reroller. I'll post a video to show you it's legit. I'll even post the source code. The reason this is a zip is because there are photo files in there which the program needs to scan the screen since it's third party.

Ramsis

Quote from: SupernovaDX on August 16, 2015, 12:13:32 PM
I can see where you are coming from. I've been playing rimworld for a while without dipping too much into the modding scene. I created this based off of necessity and thought I would share it. This is for those who do not want to go into the whole plan carefully mod, and just want to use the default character reroller. I'll post a video to show you it's legit. I'll even post the source code. The reason this is a zip is because there are photo files in there which the program needs to scan the screen since it's third party.

I just wanted to make sure you didn't take this as an attack or anything, it's just incredibly sketchy for a new member to be throwing around stuff like this. Just doing my mod-ly duties!
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

RickyMartini

Too bad it's windows only, wanted to try this with a new a sexy game of rimworld.

SupernovaDX

Alright I got the (basic) Video done. You can see it now and judge for yourself. It's also up top just in case. It's very simple, and also kinda buggy, but you get the idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvpP2TZKjgQ

Ramsis

Okay well I mean it clearly works.

Good luck, you've got serious competition friend :)

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Toggle

Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Alistaire

Sadly it skips character with skills higher than what you want.. (maybe an option?)

Otherwise I like the idea and it's even written in AutoHotKey, really cool.

Tagasaki

suggestion... is it possible to have up to 3 skills that it can track? and also the skills tracking will tied up to difficulty of the game for example: free build mode would be able to track 3 skills while rough would only track 1 skill and any above will be disable?

just a suggestion :3

TheGentlmen

Should be possible... I'd do it my self but that code locks heretic... this is coming from a C++ dev... the mother of heretic programming languages...

Tagasaki

Quote from: Tynan. on August 17, 2015, 11:20:34 PM
this is coming from a C++ dev... the mother of heretic programming languages...

lol kinda know the feels there...

Adamiks

When i saw word "sexy" and Casandra art, i though... Eh, you know what i want to say already you little, cheaty sex monster! Anyway anyone found Phoebe/Casandra kinda pretty? No? Just me? Ok...

Anyway, it's not like it's my fapping source, ___hub is better. Not gonna talk about it, because i don't want small kids watching it just because someone said something about it! ;D

!EDIT!

*It's been 5 years (I think I was 14) since I made this post, it's absolutely horrendous, I'm so sorry for you having to read this, as much as I hate it, I decided to keep it, as it would be unfair to act is if it never happened, just trust me that I've changed & improved since then*

Toggle

Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.