[A14] Historical Weapons Packs (8/11/2016)

Started by Anonemous2, August 17, 2015, 01:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How should the naming in Historical Weapons be done?

Realistic Like: weapons are named what they are in real history, and the discription gives some facts.
21 (70%)
Rimworld Like: weapons have basic names, and given descriptions that match Rimworld's style.
9 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: June 07, 2016, 05:01:50 PM

Anonemous2

Description:
This mod adds historic weapons into Rimworld, currently it has two weapon packs, World Wars Weapons, and American Civil War weapons.

Sub Topic:
I'll be adding more weapons packs in the future, also I may change or modify the existing 'packs', (I'm not sure exactly how I want them yet).

This mod adds 8 guns from the American Civil War. The Volcanic Pistol, Remington Pistol, Beaumont-Adams Pistol, Henry Rifle,
Spencer Repeating Rifle, Enfield Musketoon, Springfield Musketoon, and there's even a Gatling gun you can use for defense.
You can also craft the guns at the smithing table.

This mod adds 13 guns and one grenade, 3 guns are SMGs, 5 are Rifles, 3 are LMGs, an Assault Rifle, and a pistol.

A14 Downloads:
World Wars Weapons https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyjhea6yy7p9ze1/World%20Wars%20Weapons%20v2.04.zip?dl=0
American Civil War Weapons https://www.dropbox.com/s/9i71p8vhbabjcio/American%20Civil%20War%20Weapons%20V1.03.zip?dl=0

Note:
modpack makers can include my mod in their modpack.

ChiefSlapahoe

looks great, I always like more variety! You might want to see if they could get added into project armory and/or the 'hardcore' modpack. They're a nice balance of detail and the native art style

The13thRonin

Ooooohhhh yes please.

Talk to skyarkhangel... I would love to see these in the hardcore modpack.

Anonemous2

Quote from: The13thRonin on August 17, 2015, 04:02:12 PM
Ooooohhhh yes please.

Talk to skyarkhangel... I would love to see these in the hardcore modpack.

Maybe, But you can play the game with both the hardcore pack and this mod.

Iwillbenicetou

This looks sweet! Would you try to add MG42, MG34, M1 Garand, Springfield, Scoped Springfield, DP-28, and some more WW2 stuff
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Anonemous2

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 17, 2015, 07:26:58 PM
This looks sweet! Would you try to add MG42, MG34, M1 Garand, Springfield, Scoped Springfield, DP-28, and some more WW2 stuff

yes, But It may take some time, Summers nearly over and I won't have much time to work on it.

Florius

Alistaire

Yup it should work with A12 - the weapon code hasn't changed A11-A12.

Romi

Those guns reminds me of the godfather the game. I'm definitely going to check them out

Giraffe

The dropbox link seems to be broken, at least for me.

FridayBiology

Awesome, just need boilers object to use wood to generate heat and i'm mildy steam punking :3
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Anonemous2

Finished V2 of WW1 and 2 weapons, adding 5 new guns!

LustrousWolf

The stick grenades do to little damage i think? compared to the frag grenades and such. Also does this work with combat realism? :o

Anonemous2

Quote from: LustrousWolf on September 04, 2015, 01:17:22 PM
The stick grenades do to little damage i think? compared to the frag grenades and such. Also does this work with combat realism? :o

The stick grenades do less damage then the frag grenade because the explosive bit is smaller, but its cheaper and throws farther then the frag.

I haven't played with Combat Realism, so I don't think this mod would work with it...

Anonemous2

I've just released a new weapon pack, the American Civil War Weapons, and I've changed this from a mod post to a modpack.