[A14] Historical Weapons Packs (8/11/2016)

Started by Anonemous2, August 17, 2015, 01:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How should the naming in Historical Weapons be done?

Realistic Like: weapons are named what they are in real history, and the discription gives some facts.
21 (70%)
Rimworld Like: weapons have basic names, and given descriptions that match Rimworld's style.
9 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: June 07, 2016, 05:01:50 PM

Peaches

Hey I would really like to replace all the guns currently in game with the guns from the mod, can anyone help me and tell me how i can delete or disable the current guns in game so then i can just use these ones? Thanks.

Anonemous2

Quote from: Peaches on November 03, 2015, 09:42:15 AM
Hey I would really like to replace all the guns currently in game with the guns from the mod, can anyone help me and tell me how i can delete or disable the current guns in game so then i can just use these ones? Thanks.

Sure, here's the modified core, it removes all human, handheld guns. (Mechinoids and tribe weapons are still in, along with the improvised turret) To use simply turn off your core, and use weaponless core. Note: you may want to start a new colony to avid glitches.

Weaponless core:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvtwksl5nk053mu/Weaponless%20Core%20V1.zip?dl=0

Peaches

Quote from: Anonemous2 on November 03, 2015, 03:29:40 PM
Quote from: Peaches on November 03, 2015, 09:42:15 AM

Sure, here's the modified core, it removes all human, handheld guns. (Mechinoids and tribe weapons are still in, along with the improvised turret) To use simply turn off your core, and use weaponless core. Note: you may want to start a new colony to avid glitches.

Weaponless core:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvtwksl5nk053mu/Weaponless%20Core%20V1.zip?dl=0

Thanks you are a live saver!

bechtoldn

Would you ever consider making this mod compatible with Combat Realism? I have been playing with Combat Realism for a while now and would love to see some of your weapons working with it.

Anonemous2

Quote from: bechtoldn on December 31, 2015, 01:53:15 AM
Would you ever consider making this mod compatible with Combat Realism? I have been playing with Combat Realism for a while now and would love to see some of your weapons working with it.

I will now

DerKaiser

Anonemous2

So I'm working on the Combat Realism version, but I don't know how to convert real values into things like:
         <speed> (How fast a bullet flies, what is one speed equate to in velocity [meters a second, m/s])
                        <range> (How far you can shot, what is one range equate in meters)
         <warmupTicks> (How many ticks equate to a second)

So I'll just use most the default values for the guns from Combat Realism (things like MP40 would have the same values as the Heavy SMG etc.) until I know the information form above.

Anonemous2

Finally made the World War Weapons compatible with the Combat Realism mod, however American Civil war weapons are not yet.

Pactrick Willis

Hey, Could you make these craft able, or at least help me in doing so?. I've tried to make the springfeild craftable in the smith bench, using this code, <RecipeDef>
      <defName>CreateMusket</defName>
      <label>Craft Musket</label>
      <description>Crafts a basic muzzle loading musket</description>
      <jobString>Crafting gun.</jobString>
      <workAmount>200</workAmount>
      <recipeUsers>
         <li>TableSmithing</li>
      </recipeUsers>
      <workSpeedStat>SmithingSpeed</workSpeedStat>
      <soundWorking>Recipe_ButcherCorpseMechanoid</soundWorking>
      <unfinishedThingDef>UnfinishedWeapon</unfinishedThingDef>
      <products>
         <Gun_Springfield1855k>1</Gun_Springfield1855k>
      </products>
      <ingredients>
         <li>
            <filter>
               <thingDefs>
                  <li>Steel</li>
               </thingDefs>
            </filter>
            <count>40</count>
         </li>
         <li>
            <filter>
               <thingDefs>
                  <li>WoodLog</li>
               </thingDefs>
            </filter>
            <count>10</count>
         </li>
      </ingredients>
      <fixedIngredientFilter>
         <thingDefs>
            <li>Steel</li>
            <li>WoodLog</li>
         </thingDefs>
      </fixedIngredientFilter>
      <skillRequirements>
         <li>
            <skill>Crafting</skill>
            <minLevel>3</minLevel>
         </li>
      </skillRequirements>
      <workSkill>Crafting</workSkill>
   </RecipeDef>
But to no avail. I would like to see the american civil war weapons craft able, as I have searched for a musket mod for ages. If you could help me out, or do it, it would be greatly appreciated.
          Greg.   

Anonemous2

ok Ill begin work on it, once Im done Ill update the mod.

Note I just got crafting to work, and I found out what was wrong with your code; you forgot to put a <RecipeDef> at the beginning of your code.

Anonemous2

Finished the update, add the ability to craft all the weapons at the smithing table, and changed the Gatling gun to shoot more realistically.

Pactrick Willis

Pactrick Willis

Hey, If I may suggest a weapon for the civil war pack, it would be the 12 Pounder Napoleon field gun (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_obusier_de_12), you already have the Gatling gun turret, It would be a bit like that. It would not cause a explosion, but deal a one shot to the poor bastard it hits. It would also deal a very large amount of damage to buildings. It was used greatly by the north in the civil war. Just a suggestion. 

Pactrick Willis

Hey, I was wondering if you could up the work needed for weapons; the vanilla weapons take around 600 work to make.