Call for public testers (Alpha 12) (closed)

Started by ItchyFlea, August 17, 2015, 09:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

Here we are again! We could use some help testing the fixes and adjustments we've made for Alpha 12.

If you're willing to test and do the work involved in finding and properly writing up bugs, please post below and say so!

Testing is rewarding but it's not just playing games. Please don't apply if you're not willing to spend some time investigating bugs you find and writing clear reports about them.

Please ensure your forum email matches your purchase email.

Thanks in advance!
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Mr.Cross

I'll be the first to apply to this.
Claims to know most things.

Aregul

CB elite

Would love to help find/smash some bugs for alpha 12 :)

Updated email to the one I used to purchase the game for this. Is there any other information required, or do we just post that we're interested under this topic?

Looking forward to hopefully being of use!

Negocromn

ItchyFlea

Everyone whose forum email address was listed as having bought the game has been added as a tester. Please go over to the public tester forum, read the entire "read me first" thread (lots of people skip this and it gets embarrassing), and grab the game.

The call is still open if you wish to join.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

mumblemumble

I finally have a laptop,  and am not testing any zdoom mods for bugs, so sure,  ill take on the task.

I have experience writing up bug reports for doom mods obviously,  and finding the causing circumstances.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Veneke

I'd be happy to lend a hand if you're still looking for folks.

alex988

zandadoum

could you elaborate what else, apart from playing the game, is required from your testers? i might be interested

Answer: Testing a game

Push the limits of what is possible. This means, rather than simply playing the game as you normally would, you can use the debug menu to create possible scenarios in a shorter period of time. Observe and see if the game still behaves as expected. Normal gameplay is useful for checking to see if the game is somewhat balanced, but takes more time.

Take notes. If something unexpected happens and/or a bug prints to the log, you should pause and look at whatever is going on which may have caused it. This will help you to...

Reproduce. Find the shortest sequence of steps to make the unexpected behaviour or bug happen again. This may simply be a case of 'load this save, bug happens' or it may require some user inputs.

Report. Write a post outlining what you did, what you expected to happen, what actually happened, and the steps necessary to reproduce (including save game if it is useful). If you're a private tester, report bugs to Mantis. It is useful for everyone to check Mantis first before reporting a bug in case it has already been reported.

LouisTBR

I could do it. I am already working on a translation project, might be fun to balance them a bit!
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Jimyoda

Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Songleaves

I would love to help look for and document bugs. I used to look for bugs in games for speedrunning, and I really enjoyed it.

BadgerFodder

Count me in. Not done any testing like this before but I've played Rimworld probably more than any other game in the past year or so.

ItchyFlea

Everyone whose forum email address was listed as having bought the game has been added as a tester. Please go over to the public tester forum, read the entire "read me first" thread (lots of people skip this and it gets embarrassing), and grab the game.

The call is still open if you wish to join.