Call for public testers (Alpha 12) (closed)

Started by ItchyFlea, August 17, 2015, 09:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awoolen

jacob814

I did fix my email and would love to help bug test. I cant wait to help out.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

fizban1978

My forum address matches but i dont see the public tester forum.  :(

ninjabreadman32

I would be honored to help bug test.

Mr.Cross

Quote from: fizban1978 on August 19, 2015, 04:33:47 PM
My forum address matches but i dont see the public tester forum.  :(

That's because an admin hasn't accepted you as a public tester yet, hence why you cannot see the public tester forum.
Claims to know most things.

czarnoff

I test software in my day job.  Why not bug test my favorite computer game?

ItchyFlea

Everyone whose forum email address was listed as having bought the game has been added as a tester. Please go over to the public tester forum, read the entire "read me first" thread (lots of people skip this and it gets embarrassing), and grab the game.

The call is still open if you wish to join.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

DaveSparhawk

I would like to help out i have done a few alpha bug reports and played a moderate amount of rimworld.

Also Thanks to the YouTube user Blitzkriegsler who gave viewers the heads up about the testing.

Sturmkrahe

I would like to help break the game in horrifying ways thoroughly test the game in a professional manner. :D

SPARKIE430

I would love to help the process. Let me know if you need help

vladimir.zaytsev

TheGentlmen

Quote from: CB elite on August 19, 2015, 01:18:04 PM
Quote from: TheGentlmen on August 19, 2015, 12:26:48 PM
Interesting... I'm not classified as a tester....

Proof I've bought the game:
REMOVED

Don't post public payment details.

Be sure that your forum email matches the one you used to purchase the game.

I know mine didn't for a while, and had to change it back for this :P

I've checked... twice. THEN i copied the email right out of the recipe to triple check...

Anyway it seems I can't be a tester from some unknown reason...  :-[

1BadPanda

It would be nice to know what I am signing up for before I do so, but I love the game, and Ty is the only developer to give a record of daily updates for what he is working on... so sign me up.

I'm not sure how this (regression?) testing works, but I am a network engineer and I understand change management and I'm sure the process would be similar.  I just brushed up on a a couple white papers for software testings so if the questions below are answered on the public tester forum, please disregard. However, in my opinion, expectations for potential testers or any job posting for that matter, should be clearly defined (in a hyperlink if it's already written, like this: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0). 

To ensure proper testing is performed, I need to know:
1. What am I trying to achieve?

1a. Are bugs going to be assigned to people to test?
1b. Posted to a forum and people can test at will?
1c. Or is it more of a 'here's a list of added features, check my work'?

2. How do I record my actions taken to best provide results? (Examples are nice)

2a. Is there a format to reporting bugs, or key questions I should answer about a bug that make a report useful?
2b. Are my bug reports going to be tested again by other bug testers? - What's the process?
2c. What metrics/information should associate with my bug report? (CPU utilization, memory and disk usage, PC hardware)

I want to ensure all the possible data is available to developers teams for them to understand and reproduce errors easily.  I absolutely hate wasting time, either mine or yours and we have just over a week to test.  Having the process defined clearly from the start, in my opinion, would be crucial. 

3. Is there a data model that shows the the code dependency tree?  I don't expect this but maybe there is something similar that a game developer uses and my question can jog some memory.  Rimworld is object-oriented programming, isn't it?

I live in Washington State and work night shift, and I keep my schedule on my days off.  If it takes me some time to reply I am probably sleeping - which is the primary reason I am asking these questions out the gate.  Every question I ask I will likely have to wait a day to get answered. Given the time constraints, that can hinder my ability to help.  Sorry if this may seem redundant or answered in a prior reply.  I'm at work and don't have the time to read through everything on my break.

Also, shout out to Blitzkriegsler.  If not for him, I wouldn't have known you were looking for bug testers.  I don't usually browse the general discussion threads.

References:
a. http://origsoft.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/software-testing-lifecycle-poster.pdf
b. http://www.belatrixsf.com/index.php/functional-testing-best-practices
c. http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/services/high-availability/white_paper_c11-458050.html - Change management for network engineering / the process I am familiar with (and currently working on at work).

Edit: I'm reading through some posts and am finding the answers to some things I am asking rather quickly.  I'll probably find everything once I get home to look around.  Sorry for the repeat questions!

ASsimilate

I'd love to try it out! Been here since Alpha 9, and i'm more or less still addicted to the game

spartan gn36