when will be A12 released?

Started by caesius, August 18, 2015, 03:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DNK

Quote from: skullywag on August 20, 2015, 12:21:33 PM
Why is it disheartening? From reading the above it sounds like the release of a12 will happen soon, why so glum chum?
Because I'm more interested in the Piotr features, and it is currently very unsure whether they will be included in A12, plus it's unsure A12 will even be released at all this year. So for all I know it's 4-8 months away before I can play with them, and I've been putting off playing this game again until the next major content increase that includes them.

skullywag

Chin up, you never know what Tynan has planned ;)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

magicbush

Quote from: DNK on August 20, 2015, 03:09:22 PM
Quote from: skullywag on August 20, 2015, 12:21:33 PM
Why is it disheartening? From reading the above it sounds like the release of a12 will happen soon, why so glum chum?
Because I'm more interested in the Piotr features, and it is currently very unsure whether they will be included in A12, plus it's unsure A12 will even be released at all this year. So for all I know it's 4-8 months away before I can play with them, and I've been putting off playing this game again until the next major content increase that includes them.

Tynan already stated A12 will be released before his leave of absence.

*edit* Ah dang wtf, he responded to my post I made a month or so ago and stated he would be around a while and release at least 1 to 2 more patches before leaving. I just checked the news page and apparently that's changed and we may not even get A12 :(. I would be pretty disappointed/ borderline irritated as well.

Florius

Quote from: chaouki on August 20, 2015, 02:06:41 PM
Quote from: Florius on August 20, 2015, 12:45:50 PM
Because a13 will then be at least 6 months away...
One of the points when it comes to a solo developer, when they take a holiday, the whole project holds.

I get your point but I mean come on. The game as it is already offers really much stuff to play with, especially if you have a look at the mods.
Actually I don't mind the break at all, at least then I've got time to play more than one colony in the same alpha before a new version comes out (which I obviously want to try out) :D hach, real life...

The game doesn't feel like it's finished at all, that is one of the points why there are so many (simple?) mods like vein miner, edB Interface, or the many surgery mods.

The game is still in alpha, so who knows what happens when the game is fully released. But I always get flashbacks to other games, as one of my earlier examples, Banished, or DayZ. Many things that were promised are still not there, if it actually will be in the game.

I keep my hopes up, and keep supporting the game with ideas and bugs, so Tynan can keep on working a very fun and easy to come in game. I am really curious about the list which he has that he is going to implement in the game.

Jamini

This game is already as feature-complete as many AAA titles with a faster development time and better support. Honestly, a bit of a break would probably be a good thing for Rimworld.

Things have been moving at a lightning-fast pace lately, and several mods have struggled to keep up. A break would give modders time to catch up, keep pace, and get ahead a little as they work.

Coenmcj

Quote from: magicbush on August 20, 2015, 03:33:01 PM
Ah dang wtf, he responded to my post I made a month or so ago and stated he would be around a while and release at least 1 to 2 more patches before leaving. I just checked the news page and apparently that's changed and we may not even get A12 :(. I would be pretty disappointed/ borderline irritated as well.

I can't say much about the testing process, but I can say for certain you'll be getting A12 before Tynan leaves. :)
Have faith, Ty's a good bloke.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Toggle

Yeah, I doubt Tynan would not release alpha 12 when there's already public testers, and one of em would probably end up releasing it if Tynan left for half a year.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

TheSilencedScream

I'd imagine he'd give himself a few days to spare, in case any missed major bugs are found between A12 and his hibernation.

I'd guess (GUESS) we'll see A12 before Tuesday.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

hopdevil

I got an email today.   It was NOT an email telling me to download A12.  I'm sad now.  :(

Shinzy

Quote from: hopdevil on August 21, 2015, 02:21:04 PM
I got an email today.   It was NOT an email telling me to download A12.  I'm sad now.  :(
*pat*

Jaxxa

I got an email today.   It was an email telling me to download A12.  I'm happy now.  :)

harpo99999

I also received an email from kickstarter telling me about the a12 release, and have downloaded it.
looks like an enjoyable birthday evening for me!!!

Jaxxa

spleendamage

Just got my email from SendOwl as well, awesome.

Kelian

Just when I think rimworld can't get any better, Tynan goes and releases another update...