when will be A12 released?

Started by caesius, August 18, 2015, 03:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Quote from: kahlzun on August 18, 2015, 07:17:34 PM
Every time someone asks that on the forums, they delay the release date by a week..

Exactly. Currently, A12 is scheduled for November 2033.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

TheGentlmen

Oh well... geuse I'm not playing A12 soon...

Kelian

I hope so. The last guy I worshiped told us he'd be back and that was 2000 years ago...
[/quote]

This made me chuckle. Clever.

Jstank

Quote from: christhekiller on August 18, 2015, 04:49:02 PM
Soon my child, soon, our lord and savior Tynan will release it when he deems it worthy of our gaming

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

christhekiller

Quote from: kahlzun on August 18, 2015, 07:17:34 PM
Every time someone asks that on the forums, they delay the release date by a week..

Now if that were truly true we'd still be waiting for Alpha 2

Cimanyd

How often does anyone ask about the sequel to RimWorld? Maybe it can come out before A12 since it's not asked about nearly as much.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Towerbooks3192

Noooooo! oh well, Tynan did a great job and he deserves a break. Well I guess if A12 is far off I still got a lot of things to do in the meantime like Grim Dawn and Prison Architect release and Factorio as well as some starbound updates here and there. Reading the upcoming animal husbandry update makes me go nuts being huge harvest moon fan and loving animals.

Coenmcj

It is coming up soon though, historically speaking, once the call for public testers arrives, which it has, we usually have one or two weeks before the main release.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Florius

Ohh jeess... Is Tynan going away for 6 months? Now what do I have to do with my life? Go outside? :(

Jimyoda

Quote from: Florius on August 20, 2015, 07:48:02 AM
Ohh jeess... Is Tynan going away for 6 months? Now what do I have to do with my life? Go outside? :(
Oh, not to worry. Tynan has helpers now. So the game will still run when he's not around. You see when he leaves normally you'd only get a black screen because he's not there to run the game. But now one of his helpers will actually crawl inside the game to keep it running.
But Tynan has locked himself up developing the game to this point and is finally going outside. So you should go outside too. You never know, you just might run into him. Even if you live in another country, he could be going anywhere in the world, perhaps even your neck of the woods.
That is unless a toxic fallout starts making it unhealthy to be outside for too long.
I think having the game not change for six months will be a great boon for mods - new mods for the new features and many outdated mods will finally catch up. So between the new vanilla features and imminent mods we'll have plenty to to keep that joy meter up.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

TLHeart

Yea, helpers, but petori goes back to school.

1 to 2 weeks before release, and tynan goes on sabbatical in less than 2 weeks...

And we all know that there are bugs, big bugs found after the release.

Sure hope the helpers can squash those bugs that are found after the release.

DNK

Well this is disheartening. I was really hoping to get to play with the Piotr features soon (and of course animals). I was feeling like stretching my modding muscles once more and going bananas with those features once they made it to release.

skullywag

Why is it disheartening? From reading the above it sounds like the release of a12 will happen soon, why so glum chum?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Florius

Quote from: skullywag on August 20, 2015, 12:21:33 PM
Why is it disheartening? From reading the above it sounds like the release of a12 will happen soon, why so glum chum?

Because a13 will then be at least 6 months away...
One of the points when it comes to a solo developer, when they take a holiday, the whole project holds.
Ofcourse all respect to Tynan for working so hard, but it is one of the things what I don't like about small development teams, I have seen it happen more often, for example Banished.

chaouki

Quote from: Florius on August 20, 2015, 12:45:50 PM
Because a13 will then be at least 6 months away...
One of the points when it comes to a solo developer, when they take a holiday, the whole project holds.

I get your point but I mean come on. The game as it is already offers really much stuff to play with, especially if you have a look at the mods.
Actually I don't mind the break at all, at least then I've got time to play more than one colony in the same alpha before a new version comes out (which I obviously want to try out) :D hach, real life...