[1.0] USCM - Aliens VS Marines - All mods (10/12/2018)

Started by Hiztaar, August 19, 2015, 09:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ribas

Hiztaar

Right now, I don't because I would need skills in C# that I am unfortunately deprived. As I found nobody to help me, it will be simple attacks with a melting pot of xenos at first.
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

Mechanoid Hivemind

I just want  the sentry gun can i add it to an existing save? Im on perma mode so i dont wanna risk it lol
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Hiztaar

You could but it does not work as a stand alone if you don't have the traderkind from the core mod. You can take it and merge, removing all entries for other materials then it would work on existing save games :)

Ribas

Dspendragon

Would it be possible, to make it where Aliens can go through vents (You know, the ones that you put between rooms to make the temperature even). That would give them the, "there coming out of the walls" Feel to them.  :P   
This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.

Hiztaar

i thought about it. But it would need coding and I still have no coder to work with me on the mod :S

Dspendragon

Someone get this man a coder and maybe a beer while your at it!
This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.

Hiztaar

Mod updated for A14 and Steam workshop released. Please if you use steam, download it directly from the workshop !

ruzackovich

how to craft the weapons , i don't see in machining menu bill?

MaxP

Etherdreamer

Silas_

Is there a way I could remove the weapons and just leave the apparel?  Thanks for the mod!

Deimos Rast

I just got done with a fairly extensive look through of your three USCM mods (Core, Turret, Faction) and I have some feed back if you're open to it. If not, that's cool too, and feel free to skip to the part where I talk about Acid Blood experiments.

Feedback
Overall, the mod is excellent. The artwork especially shines, but you really did a good job with the iconic sounds as well. My only complain with the sounds is that the Sniper Rifle sounds weak, while the Shotgun sounds like a thunder clap - I would switch the two personally, or at least increase the volume on the Sniper Rifle.

Honestly, the biggest issue is one of balance, with your weapons and armor coming in above stock, often by a fair bit. I understand these are supposed to be futuristic items and thus superior, but your body armor is better than stock power armor, but cheaper than a stock armor vest.

In general, your items have a very high MarketValue, generally x3-4 times their stock equivalent. I was going to write crafting recipes for these items, and MarketValue is one of the inputs I use, but with numbers this high, that becomes difficult.

- The pilot helmet costs more to make than your body armor.
- Shotgun has a bullet speed of 220; by comparison the stock sniper rifle has a speed of 100.
- Flamethrower is missing "ai_IsIncendiary" true.

Sentry gun doesn't require power? I know it's intentional for it not to be broken down, and only obtainable via trader, but no power?
It currently has a "specialDisplayRadius" of 25.9 (same as stock) even though the range is 34.

Also, I'm sure you already know this, but the OP and title are out of date and don't list all three mods, only USCM - Core A14.

Cheers!

========================
Acid Blood
I spent a few hours trying to see if I could figure out your acid blood problem with pure XML. Sadly, at least so far, I failed. As you already guessed, you'll probably need a plugin.
Here's what I tried or at least my thought process:
- Blood is classified as 'Flith' which has cling-to-Pawn mechanics already built into the game. However, it can't do damage directly (that I know of)
- Fuel is a 'Filth' which can feed Fire which can do damage and apply Hediffs. The Hediffs I was interested in were 'ToxicBuildup' and 'Burn'.
- I successfully created an Acid damage that applies ToxicBuildup and a Burn, which is easy. Getting Filth to do that damage, I did not succeed at.
- Boomalopes explode in fire on death - might be useful.
- Firefoam Popper has some unique "spawn filth on damage taken" mechanics that might also be useful.
- It was a couple hours going around in a circle with this, but always coming back to the 'no damage from filth' business.
#StopPluginAbuse

Hiztaar

Hi Deimos,

Thanks for the feedback :)

I'll try to fix the sounds of the sniper and the shotgun.

For the Armor, it's very tanky (the cloth version offers less protection than vanilla power armor [Edit : I decrease the Blunt resistance to 30, it was ideed OP] ) but protect only torso and shoulders (and arms for the time being but I'm going to remove that at the next update), making it a very good choice to protect vital parts but keeping the rest of your body vulnerable. I'll take a look at prices but the base prices should be the following (I set a base price for "generic" stuff from the US Colonial Marines Faction and I will copy/paste this to the core mod stuff :
- M10 Ballistic Helmet : 1000c
- Pilot Helmet : 1100c
- (Comparison) Power armor helmet : 2000c
- USCM M3 Armor : 3000c

I decreased the speed of shotgun bullets (120) but it's fast on purpose (very low range), as I changed the way shotgun works compared to vanilla. The bullet speed of the USCM sniper rifle is 150. I increased shotgun damages by 1 per bullet so it can deal up to 48 damages per shot if all bullets reach the target.

I did not create recipes for weapons on purpose. It would be almost game breaking to be able to craft them by getting the good bench and good resources early. The high amount of money to buy them allows a better scaling of the game. With the USCM faction, it's possible to loot Marines Corpses to get weapons now. I'll work on a base prices for USCM weapons by introducing Wayland Yutani faction and it's new weapons and armors.

Thanks for the ai_incendiary by the way, I totally forgot that :]

I fixed the display value of USCM turrets. They indeed require no power as they are "self powered". Then can be deployed anywhere on a battlefield. But as you can see, they are very low HP and cost a lot of bucks. But I see what you mean. During Solar Flares they are still on. I'll make them consume and generate power at same time :).

I never updated the mod in here. I think I should take the time to do so but I'm not sure anyone download from this place.

For the Acid Blood, I don't think there is a way to make it work without C#. It should be a function that spawn a random direction invisible "shot" with 0-2m radius that leaves a filth on the ground (filth on impact exists with the flamethrower) and deals acid damage, same as burn but without the flame. Plus the mechanic behind is a bit different. You can stop a fire, you cannot neutralise molecular acid until it stops dissolving by itself. So it should be a lasting effect that could spread on organs or limbs.
It needs introducing a new damage type so armors should have a special parameter to resist such damages same as <ArmorRating_Heat>.