[1.0] USCM - Aliens VS Marines - All mods (10/12/2018)

Started by Hiztaar, August 19, 2015, 09:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonregure

Is this mod compitable with other weapon mod? like High Caliber

JournalSnail

Quote from: dragonregure on September 14, 2016, 10:47:27 AM
I'm currently running it with High Caliber.

dragonregure

Quote from: JournalSnail on September 14, 2016, 11:31:50 AM
Quote from: dragonregure on September 14, 2016, 10:47:27 AM
I'm currently running it with High Caliber.

Cool! Oh yeah, about the weapons, can we craft it or we ge it only from traders?

Deimos Rast

Quote from: dragonregure on September 14, 2016, 01:34:04 PM
Cool! Oh yeah, about the weapons, can we craft it or we ge it only from traders?
The mod adds an orbital trader that always has a full stock of gear, and that's the only way to get the guns. I suppose I could make some recipes, but Hiztaar feels it would imbalance the game, and so I probably won't. ;)
#StopPluginAbuse

Hiztaar

You can kill Colonial Marines and loot their corpses. Or you can wait for them to die. They carry USCM weapons.
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

dragonregure

Quote from: Deimos Rast on September 14, 2016, 02:42:27 PM
Quote from: dragonregure on September 14, 2016, 01:34:04 PM
The mod adds an orbital trader that always has a full stock of gear, and that's the only way to get the guns. I suppose I could make some recipes, but Hiztaar feels it would imbalance the game, and so I probably won't. ;)
Well.. Thats cool too!  ;D
idc, i just love guns  8)

Medelsvensson

Hi what a great mod. Everything seems to work fine except the flamethrower (m240) is giving out constant errors for me and causing massive lag for me. It seems like each bullet that it fires gives out this error:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Exception ticking Bullet_M240_USCM55021: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RimWorld.MoteThrower' from assembly 'RimWorldExampleProjectDLL'.
  at Verse.Projectile.ImpactSomething () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Thx for any assistance with this! Would really love to be able to use this mod. I'm on A15 btw.
  at Verse.Projectile.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Hiztaar

I may fix the issue on DL version. The steam version is fixed already :)

mraadx

please add marine deserters faction. Faction that you can call for caravans, so you can buy stuff like weapons from them. black market style.
Graphic Designer. Will draw for $.

Medelsvensson

Quote from: Hiztaar on November 29, 2016, 08:01:14 PM
I may fix the issue on DL version. The steam version is fixed already :)
Well if you do, let me know. I would really like to use this! Awesome work btw

Killaim

now we just need a alien infestation with life cycle event

many ways to start it.

new colonist arrives (whoops he was infested) spawns a chestburster *see below*
drop pod drops in (whoops it has a face hugger egg - better hope no animals get near it !)
raid (alien warriors charging base to kidnap people)

Life cycle:

- colonist gets facehugger. (gets the sickness infested) - very hard to cure - requires best medikits
- colonist dies from chestburster, which immidiately tries constantly to flee and hide (hide mechanics)
(ability to pass through normal doors and vents)
if not found and killed within some hours it turns into a alien warrior (or very rare a alien queen)
- alien warriors left alone for too long with no queen on the map will turn into a queen (max 1)
alien warriors will allways prefer to drag a unconcious colonist to a nearby egg if possible (or the queen) if no queen or no egg the alien warrior will continuesly attack and kill people

Queen should have a effect around her that spawns in floor covering that slows down colonists but does nothing to aliens (perhaps speed up movement) (stationary invisible?)

and ofc acid damage when a alien is killed. the bigger the alien the bigger the splash area of effect. monsterous damage.

LET THE ALIEN HORROR BEGIN!!! :D

oh yeah and a mode where you get to play a singular alien on a saved map where you dont control the colonists!! :D bwhahahahhahahaahah

this would be my dream mod (game even)

ChaosChronicler

Trying to think of how you could add the power loader in this mod. Would it be a pawn itself or would you have to do something else to represent it (clothing/armor?)

Smexy_Vampire

Hiztaar

KevinHann

In terms of compatibility I haven't had any issues while using all of the following:

CK - Animal and Plant Pack
Hospitality
EdB Prepare Carefully
EPOE
Call of Cthulhu (Cosmic Horrors and Factions)
Faction Discovery
The Mad Rabbits of Caerbannog
Orassans
Alpha Animals

However I must admit I have stayed away from the content as I find the weapons and the turret unbalanced, they just inflict massive damage. The turret was able to defend my entire base for over a year on its own; and even a Pulse Rifle shoots so rapidly I eventually gave up on it to have some challenge. I'd gladly use all the weapons if I was able to increase their cooldown time a bit. God I love those sounds!

Despite this criticism I'd like to lodge massive appreciation for the work that went in this, the content is brilliant. If xenomorphs are intended as a future upgrade to the mod, be it as an entire event or just stand alone animals, it would definitely be something I'd be checking out. Keep up the good work!