[1.0] USCM - Aliens VS Marines - All mods (10/12/2018)

Started by Hiztaar, August 19, 2015, 09:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiztaar

"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: Hiztaar on December 23, 2016, 07:27:28 AM
I updated the 3 mods. So please keep me aware of any bug :)
Thank you for updating this. One of my go too mods for sure  ;D

Deon

Hello. I am working on Aliens vs Predator mod myself. It's in unfinished section because the only thing I did so far is an event which spawns manhunter aliens, and I want to make my own AI.

I always used your mod. One thing I noticed is that the guns are a bit dark and have many nice details. Which makes them look great, but they become dark and barely recognizable when downscaled in the game.

I tried to make guns to be more cartoonish yet with better contrast, and it does seem to look better in the game.

VVVVV

Do you think that you would be interested in me reworking gun sprites, or is it something you don't want to focus on/like as it is at the moment?
P.S. The gun is brighter for a reason. It makes details stand out and be visible better when in the game, in contrast to the dark outlines and darker elements.

Hiztaar

Nice job for the weapon style. But Rimworld is not that cartoon style (weapons have simple drawings but realistic ones nonetheless). You should maybe keep the form an scale of size and details with your drawing style. :)

Deon

But it definitely does not look bad when scaled down.
Remember that it ALWAYS appears in 64x64 or smaller.

Here I made 64x64 for comparison. You can definitely see that it looks more clear and seems to fit the style better:

The one you have looks really good when posted as a full picture, but in the game you barely see any details unfortunately :'(.

If you think I am wrong, I accept any kind of criticizm.

Hiztaar

I mean. The drawing is good, but proportions are not ;)

The ammo rack is not that long, and the sub-barrel part is supposed to be a bit longer than the cannon, for example. But the drawing style is rendering very well, I like it :)

Deon

Quote from: Hiztaar on January 11, 2017, 11:40:54 AM
I mean. The drawing is good, but proportions are not ;)

The ammo rack is not that long, and the sub-barrel part is supposed to be a bit longer than the cannon, for example. But the drawing style is rendering very well, I like it :)
I got what you mean. I just started learning to sprite for Rimworld, I will try to make it better. Thank you for the feedback.

Deon

Another attempt closer to your proportions/color scheme, but my style:

BTW I am in Discord, and I found you. If you want my help, you can always respond ;). I will be happy to contribute to the mod in any way possible, I really like it.

sirgzu

Quote from: MaxP on August 11, 2016, 07:59:23 PM
Any plans to make CR compatibility patch?
I remember using this mod with CR in previous updates, which was great. I hope a CR patch will come along at some stage :)

Kolljak

Is this mod still alive? its A16 but i want to know if its still got activity on it.

viperwasp

I'm curious to I absolutely love this mod. I hope it does get A17. Thanks for all the hard work great mod.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Cabdono

Quote from: viperwasp on May 27, 2017, 01:02:39 AM
I'm curious to I absolutely love this mod. I hope it does get A17. Thanks for all the hard work great mod.

The a16 version has worked fine for me so far, core + turret,  no idea about the faction one as I didn't get it

daman2501

so you can play the A16 version in the A17 version without mod conflicts?
YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!

rambo

So have you retired from mod making or is the a17 update coming