Fences and Rideable animals

Started by durann31, August 21, 2015, 08:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

durann31

1. It would be great to add fences to the game as it will be easier to tell how big a restriction zone is instead of having to click the the tab to see it. It could also server a purpose to not let any animals out if you don't have a restriction zone.

2. It would also be cool to have colonist ride animals like elephants and be able to attack on it like in Far cry 4

b0rsuk

Fences won't be added any time soon because humanoid enemies have trouble dealing with them. They would make it easy to keep charge rifles outside their range, and completely wreck melee raids (not that a raid against three people with charge rifles ON SNOW-COVERED MARSH has any chance).

tommonius

I really want rideable animals, when maps start to get larger I would love to be able to tame a horse and send a colonist to scavenge for useful materials. With a horse he could get their faster and have it carry more materials.

Also maybe we could have a buggy or motorcycle for traversing large scale maps, I am annoyed to no end by colonists doing hauling only to get negative mood points because they are tired and hungry but they are to far away from base to do much about it.

Fences make sense and would make a nice addition, if enemies had ways of destroying fences such wire cutters/ explosives and such so they are not to unfairly beaten to a pulp I would be happy. Perhaps a balance on enemy raid scales could be added, the more fencing you add the larger the waves of raiders are so turtling becomes harder. 3 Rows of fencing could add like 150+ enemy raiders getting shot down as they rip through the barricades or climb over them.

Play2Jens

Quote from: b0rsuk on August 22, 2015, 04:05:51 AM
Fences won't be added any time soon because humanoid enemies have trouble dealing with them. They would make it easy to keep charge rifles outside their range, and completely wreck melee raids (not that a raid against three people with charge rifles ON SNOW-COVERED MARSH has any chance).

I still don't get it. Fences can work the same way as sandbags? Humanoids take cover behind it, and are able to move over them. Only tame animals see them as walls. 

It's more like a decorative kind of aspect to the game. The main difference with sandbags would be a beauty buff and half as much hitpoints. I really like the zoning feature, but I would still like to build fences around my zones.

About mounting, I would like to see that as well in the game. But obviously it would take some time program it into the game. For now, dogs help plenty with hauling, which I like a lot.

StorymasterQ

It's a trope. Gamers are forever inundated with the idea of it. Anything breaking the facade will look like a bug.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here