Rimworld on Steam

Started by ScottishGaming, August 22, 2015, 08:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottishGaming

Since Ty has moved the Steam release to next year would that me that newer players/purchases would get steam keys as well ?

Mr.Cross

Yes, I'm pretty sure everyone who has bought the game before the steam release will get a steam key.
Claims to know most things.

TheVoidDragon

I don't see how the Steam release moving to next year would change anything about it, Keys being given to everyone wasn't confirmed in the first place and a release date wasn't really mentioned.

Tynan hass said before that he can't be sure if people who bought the game after the November cut off date last year will get one, although he'll see what he can do. Based on the Steam Greenlight FAQ, Valve seems to allow developers to give away keys to whoever they want as many times as they want once a game is released, so hopefully he can.

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: ScottishGaming on August 22, 2015, 08:46:44 AM
Since Ty has moved the Steam release to next year would that me that newer players/purchases would get steam keys as well ?

Quote from: Mr.Cross on August 22, 2015, 08:47:35 AM
Yes, I'm pretty sure everyone who has bought the game before the steam release will get a steam key.

Tynan set the cut off date for fall of last year (I forget the exact date, but somewhere between August-October). Regardless of the Steam release being moved, there is no guarantee that anyone after this time will get a Steam key. Trust me, having purchased the game later than the the cut off date, I've been searching EVERY thread about Steam to see if it's been mentioned.

Tynan DID say he would try, but - for every key that he gives out - that's money that Valve (Steam) isn't getting, so there can't be an always open "Yes, everyone gets keys for Steam" policy.

IN SHORT: As of right now, don't bank on getting a Steam key if your purchased after that cut off date in 2014. Tynan WILL try, but there are no guarantees.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

ScottishGaming

Ah okay thanks guys, I was just wondering, I don't care if I have to buy the game again, it's well worth the money