0.12.906 - 'Colonist left unburied' debuff happens for dead tame animals

Started by finamore, August 22, 2015, 12:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finamore

Hi,

I started a new colony, no dead colonists so far but all the colonists (excluding a psychopath) have the colonist left unburied debuff. I tried to look the map around but found nothing, could it be a bug?

One thing that I'm thinking is that my starter animal (a labrador) was trained and died during a raid. I butchered it. Could he be the one causing the debuff?

Thanks,

Tynan

It could definitely be a bug. Could you zip and post the savegame by any chance?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

finamore

There you go:

[attachment deleted due to age]

Panzer

It definitely is the animal. Got a 2nd savegame for you, the colonist Ryu hauls the monkey corpse which gives the debuff to the freezer, the debuff will vanish once he picks it up, didnt try what happens when he slaughters it.

EDIT: I dug up my old pet warg (grave near research bench) and the debuff is back. Buried corpses dont spoil, btw

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tc13mlj54h7k6si/animal_unburied.rar?dl=0

FurryLovingGuy

I also just witnessed this Bug, and posted it in reddit first. I had a Boom Rat join mid raid, it died. Later, by give or take a week, I was notified that a colonist had a low mood, so when I checked, all of my colonists had the unburried colonist mood debuff. I found the boom rat, and butchered it, problem solved.

Ford_Prefect

I had this debuf... I think it was caused by the dead raider that I didn't bury.

Also, the debuf never times out.

Mihsan

Same thing with me. Got "unburried colonist" debuff, when I had no dead colonists at all (but had many dead animals). Here is my save file.

P.S.: Made some test and exploded all dead bodies on the map with debug menu. Nothing changed.

[attachment deleted due to age]
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

xlockeed

New map a12, only mod running EDB prepare carefully mod. First raider attack of three guys, two killed and the third left to bleed out. After letting a raider die out in the elements entire colony got this debuff. It doesn't go away.

Edit - I have all bodies butchered. There are no bodies left and debuff remains.
Each year of thy life is the foundation for the next. The man who squanders his youth needs must build his life on a foundation of mud, and then wilt it collapse.

Bancheis

Confirmed after my poor chickens were turned into nuggets by mechanoids, tamed animals count as colonists, and give the debuff if left unburied. When you click on them, it will say something like "Male chicken of Colony, age..." The good news is the debuff goes away when you butcher them. And they are rather delicious.

The other problem with this is when you have random animals that become tame by themselves. Then during a raid, they get killed by random tribes people or pirates and end up sitting out there somewhere on the map, blending in with the rest of it. I know a message pops up when they become tame, but if you forget to set their allowed zone or have a ton of animals all over the map, this will kill your colony from the negative mood.

I would suggest that animals are either exempt from the unburied rule, or when they become tame they automatically get set to your first animal allowed zone. At least with the latter one, it would be more difficult to lose them once dead. While alive you can see their names, dead you can't. Imagine having pet wargs fighting warg manhunters, then having the whole lot killed in one area including your own. Good luck sorting that :p

xlockeed

Quote from: xlockeed on August 23, 2015, 04:39:10 AM
New map a12, only mod running EDB prepare carefully mod. First raider attack of three guys, two killed and the third left to bleed out. After letting a raider die out in the elements entire colony got this debuff. It doesn't go away.

Edit - I have all bodies butchered. There are no bodies left and debuff remains.

I play large maps mainly ice sheet. Let me tell you something, chickens that join. It was a single dead chicken that created this debuff. I spent ten minutes scrawling through entire white filled map to find the tiny white dead chicken (restricted because it was killed by raiders well outside home zone). May want to remove the debuff on tamed animals?

Edit - Debuff went away when I had someone go nab the sob and butcher it.
Each year of thy life is the foundation for the next. The man who squanders his youth needs must build his life on a foundation of mud, and then wilt it collapse.

Mihsan

Quote from: Mihsan on August 22, 2015, 10:51:02 PM
Same thing with me. Got "unburried colonist" debuff, when I had no dead colonists at all (but had many dead animals). Here is my save file.

P.S.: Made some test and exploded all dead bodies on the map with debug menu. Nothing changed.

Update:
Somehow I lost this debuff. Again: do not know how and when, but it went away. Funny thing is that I lost 10 people and had to bury them (debuff was caused by alive pawn maybe?).

Quote from: xlockeed on August 23, 2015, 12:59:27 PMthe tiny white dead chicken

I am also had chicken farm when I had this debuff. But I could not confirm, that specifically dead chicken caused it in my case. I think that I found and destroyed all dead bodies on the map... but maybe I missed one? Never can be sure.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Noobshock

I've ran into the same bug (unburied colonist when no actual colonist died, I don't even remember a friendly animal dying other than being slaughtered either) and it's caused me to put my A12 play on hold until it's fixed. It's a pretty nasty debuff to have on everyone all the time :/

ison