"Aim low"

Started by lt_halle, August 23, 2015, 08:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lt_halle

This is apparently the #1 and probably only piece of advice in the pirate/tribesman code of marksmanship. I just lost a pretty well developed colony (on year two) because in a single fight, three of my colonists got their legs shot off and no other major injuries. The last guy left able-bodied had doctoring disabled, and I was out of medicine to boot.

This is also not the first time. More or less every injury a colonist has sustained other than completely insignificant ones (pinkies and noses getting torn off) involved getting their leg(s) cut/shot/blown off. Why does it take a bundle of medicine and anesthesia to strap a piece of wood to some guy's leg anyway?

PotatoOnStick

Well in theory you could just strap a log on a leg with duct tape really. Yet by doing so you simply ensure the guy will die if not using any medicine. Not only for the risk of infections but also for the amount of pain that could kill the patient.

Then again if using duct tape i feel you might need to replace it here and there else his leg would fall off and you can start again.