Pirate King

Started by Porthos_1980, December 30, 2013, 07:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porthos_1980

Adrian 'Ady' Jarvis

Childhood Backstory: Midworld

Adrian was born into a loving family which struggled financially. He discovered he had an artistic
talent which he inherited from his Father. His Mother taught him the benefits of hard work and determination.
As he grew older Adrian developed a fascination with technology and military history.

Adult Backstory: Midworld Sailor

Adrian decided to explore his world by joining his country's Royal Navy. He slowly moved up the ranks and spent a number of years as a Non-commissioned officer. Eventually he cracked and used the skills he had acquired to inspire a mutiny on board his ship. Adrian came to lead a large group of trained and dangerous pirates.

Construction = 0
Growing = -
Research = 0
Mining = 0
Shooting = +
Melee = +
Social = +
Medicine = 0
Artistic = +
Crafting = 0

Wont do 'Cooking' (Chefs used to do all the cooking)

----
Posting this to see what Tynan and others think.  I have recently left the Royal Navy myself after 13 years so this is me had I gone rouge and somehow got hold of space tech.
I left out how I got from being a pirate on a midworld planet, into space and onto Rimworld for the gamer's imagination.

zayzayem

Like it. Adulthood backstory flows well.

Not sure about the final sentences in either description - they are good for your particular character. I wonder if they still allow the backstories to transpose onto other characters.

Description for childhood could be Midworld dabbler or Midworld artist or Midworld sketcher.

Porthos_1980

Thank you for your input zayzayem.

'Midworld sketcher' might work, yes.

Porthos_1980

On the topic of this Pirate King I came up with in Creative rewards.

I have noticed him in game as an ordinary 'pirate' and not a 'Pirate King'.  I presume this will change when pirate kings are actually implemented into the game?

Also, I've noticed that for some reason he has the 'nervous' AND 'neurotic' traits.  I definitely a pirate king should be a bit more bad ass and not nervous. Can this be amended, please?

It is however nice to see the lil guy in game.

Porthos

Shinzy

Quote from: Porthos_1980 on June 10, 2015, 05:06:05 AM
On the topic of this Pirate King I came up with in Creative rewards.

I have noticed him in game as an ordinary 'pirate' and not a 'Pirate King'.  I presume this will change when pirate kings are actually implemented into the game?

Also, I've noticed that for some reason he has the 'nervous' AND 'neurotic' traits.  I definitely a pirate king should be a bit more bad ass and not nervous. Can this be amended, please?

It is however nice to see the lil guy in game.

Porthos

the traits are all random so you got struck with very fine luck there =P

Though I have to say now that I thought about it! Nervous/neurotic pirate boss would make really, really interesting fictional character ;D like evil version of Adrian Monk