How did you find out about Rimworld? Now a poll.

Started by Toggle, August 23, 2015, 03:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How did you find out about Rimworld?

Streamer/Youtuber
133 (59.9%)
Real-life word of mouth (friends/family/etc)
16 (7.2%)
Forum/Reddit post
23 (10.4%)
Gaming website (review/news/blog)
18 (8.1%)
Kickstarter (directly, not externally linked)
29 (13.1%)
Internet search (Something like 'games like Dwarf Fortress' or 'sci fi colony sim')
28 (12.6%)
Other (comment on how you found out)
7 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 222

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: Tynan on August 26, 2015, 03:35:29 PM
I'm surprised so many people found it directly through Kickstarter.

Are you guys really just cruising Kickstarter, looking for things to back?

I do while at work and it's slow, yes.
I found Rimworld before Kickstarter, however; but I do look back now at completed Kickstarters (ones that happened well before my time) just to compare their goals to what was delivered and seeing how it left their backers feeling. I'm actually looking into getting Divinity: Original Sin just because of how quickly their Kickstarter sequel met its funding (12 hours) - clearly a lot of people were impressed with them.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

king komodo

I'm not certain where exactly though I'm pretty sure it was through some youtuber or streamer tweeting out the kickstarter either that or the description section of a video not sure which. But either way I've been enjoying the game bugs and all.

mipen

The mighty bastard Sips himself showed me this gem :D

isistoy

Quote from: mipen on August 28, 2015, 02:55:17 AM
The mighty bastard Sips himself showed me this gem :D
Yep, same here, people ripping their d..s off all around :D
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

DarkMyau

It was on the Prison Architect steam forum. People were claiming it was ripping of the graphics of Prison Architect.

So I was curious as I loved PA. So checked out Christonians "lets play" and knew I had to own this game.

LordUbik

I stumbled into Rimworld while searching  for DF and Aurora 4X style games, it was named in a good number of sites and forum. Sudden love obviously!

Too-DAMN-Much

i found out about it because i liked prison architect and was watching a streamer where people brought rimworld up, been hooked ever since and easily one of my favorite games of current for a while.

Cpt. DuctTape

I found it a year ago, when I was searching for sci-fi themed games. I saw it on a random website, and I wanted to give it a go.