training rooms

Started by tommonius, August 23, 2015, 07:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommonius

It occurred to me that colonists lack a way to level up skills reliably without actually performing actions. For example now colonists can fail to get any produce from harvesting crops if they are low skilled and many colonists may have low skill in shooting making me unlikely to try and fight or hunt with them.

what we need is training rooms, a library so they can get skill points about reading how to rear and harvest crops so I can use them without fearing them wasting all my time I spent growing crops and a shooting range where they can learn how to not shoot their fellow colonist who is not even remotely close to the boar I ordered him to shoot.

Perhaps we could get a training dummies so my colonists can practice how to fight in melee combat and maybe some kind of weights room where they can do some much needed lifting so they can haul more crap I want.

Will this ever become a reality in game? is it feasible??

Thane

Well horseshoe pins and pool tables level shooting slowly, so training rooms could definitely be a thing and shouldn't be too hard to program as most of the system is already technically in place. Mainly it would be art and balancing that would consume time (in my uneducated, not a programmer, opinion.)

However, we shouldn't expect it until maybe February as the Master Programmer's sabbatical nears.
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.