Next update?

Started by Bobthefarmer1, December 30, 2013, 06:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozymandias

Quote from: Galileus on January 12, 2014, 02:51:49 PM
Quote from: Ozymandias on January 12, 2014, 02:12:51 PM
So....there isn't the slightest hint when the next update is going to be revealed?
Well hopefully the game will have much more content then, because it's terribly lacking.

Craft the World would be a good game to study in this respect.

Release will be in next two weeks up to a month from now, from what Tynan said.

As for CtW... one, it was greenlighted in August, so it has a huge head start. Two, from what I can see it suffers from typical for these games "+1 = new" syndrome. I really hope we'll get something more interesting that "a wild solar flare starts! now a completely different raging solar flare begins! This one is different too, because it's a mega solar flare!" type of new content. And I'm pretty darn sure this will be the case. But these things take time, and as such, shouldn't be expected of a very early pre-alpha builds.

The game is not "lacking", it's "incomplete" ;)

............I said it'd be a good game to study to get an idea of what kind of content to include. I.E. the many varieties of wall types, dozens of pieces of furniture, articles of clothing.

I didn't say he should compete with CtW because it's such a great game. Why is everything a fucking competition in this goddamn culture.

Galileus

Quote from: Ozymandias on January 13, 2014, 01:20:40 PM............I said it'd be a good game to study to get an idea of what kind of content to include. I.E. the many varieties of wall types, dozens of pieces of furniture, articles of clothing.

I didn't say he should compete with CtW because it's such a great game. Why is everything a fucking competition in this goddamn culture.

No-one mentioned competing with anyone, so chill out there. Quite the opposite, I said I would like to see quite opposite development process.

And yeah, "more types of walls" is exactly the concept I was speaking off. I would rather see more new features than reskins of reskins - but this is my personal preference.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Galileus on January 13, 2014, 01:39:07 PM
Quote from: Ozymandias on January 13, 2014, 01:20:40 PM............I said it'd be a good game to study to get an idea of what kind of content to include. I.E. the many varieties of wall types, dozens of pieces of furniture, articles of clothing.

No-one mentioned competing with anyone, so chill out there. Quite the opposite, I said I would like to see quite opposite development process.

And yeah, "more types of walls" is exactly the concept I was speaking off. I would rather see more new features than reskins of reskins - but this is my personal preference.

I believe articles of clothing are in fact on the todo list. (found out from tynans twitter)

Btw Tried chill callie instead of cassandra recently, got to day 43 i believe, it gets very exciting in the end with callie, you know when you die. I still like cassandra better.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Tynan

Lots of clothing is in the game now. However, you can't actually manipulate it yet - it's just spawned as part of the character and stays with them forever.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

BattleFate

Quote from: Tynan on January 13, 2014, 02:01:23 PM
Lots of clothing is in the game now. However, you can't actually manipulate it yet - it's just spawned as part of the character and stays with them forever.
Woud be nice if you could loot some of the more interesting clothing from raiders that you kill.

Tynan

Quote from: BattleFate on January 13, 2014, 02:25:58 PM
Quote from: Tynan on January 13, 2014, 02:01:23 PM
Woud be nice if you could loot some of the more interesting clothing from raiders that you kill.

I agree - I just have to see if I'll have time to do that before the update.

Untrustedlife

I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Tynan

Untrustedlife

You just make me more and more excited every time you mention things you are going to add.
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

LINK

palandus

Does that include leather armor? Like a Gimp suit? Or more practical armor, like a Mad Max Leather Jacket?

woolfoma

Are reactors going to be in this update, so it would consume uranium but make like 10000 power :)
that would be neat because then you would need to rely on industrial traders to power your base and such.
also (couldn't help myself  :P ) meltdowns when it breaks, or a story event...

or really any other way of getting power would be nice (it's hard to run 30 turrets on solar :( )
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...

It seems many of the Centipedes in the area have been driven insane.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: woolfoma on January 13, 2014, 10:09:21 PM
Are reactors going to be in this update, so it would consume uranium but make like 10000 power :)
that would be neat because then you would need to rely on industrial traders to power your base and such.

or really any other way of getting power would be nice (it's hard to run 30 turrets on solar :( )
why not use geothermal generators? also meltdown story event :P love it.
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

LINK

Plasmatic

Quote from: Untrustedlife on January 13, 2014, 10:28:10 PM
Quote from: woolfoma on January 13, 2014, 10:09:21 PM

Perhaps not a insta meltdown event, but how about a smaller event leading up to a meltdown if not fixed?

Like a leak? and if not fixed will lead to a big boom :)

Or a reactor coolant pump malfunction (it exploded and parts scatter around the place that you need to pickup and put back)

I'm really Not a fan of the solar flare type events where you are completely powerless to change it, or defend yourself against it.

Untrustedlife

I like that, you could try to prevent a reactor explosion.
That would make a very neat story.
If implemented well.
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

LINK

woolfoma

Quote from: Plasmatic on January 14, 2014, 06:02:48 AM
Quote from: Untrustedlife on January 13, 2014, 10:28:10 PM

Perhaps not a insta meltdown event, but how about a smaller event leading up to a meltdown if not fixed?

Like a leak? and if not fixed will lead to a big boom :)

Or a reactor coolant pump malfunction (it exploded and parts scatter around the place that you need to pickup and put back)

I'm really Not a fan of the solar flare type events where you are completely powerless to change it, or defend yourself against it.
definitely agree with you, maybe it could need to be manned or something and if its not manned you will have no idea if these things are happening to it. otherwise I like your idea ,maybe not the parts going EVERYWHERE but ya...
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...

It seems many of the Centipedes in the area have been driven insane.