Collecting Rainfall in Dams or From Lakes For Fresh Water

Started by The13thRonin, August 24, 2015, 05:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The13thRonin

GamerGuy

Been suggested before quite a bit. I personaly would find it just annoying.

The13thRonin

Quote from: GamerGuy on August 24, 2015, 05:48:15 AM

Some people find feeding their colonists annoying... We still have food.

Rather than dismissing it outright as something annoying why not consider how it could be implemented well?

FMJ Penguin

Quote from: The13thRonin on August 24, 2015, 06:01:42 AM

Rather than dismissing it outright as something annoying why not consider how it could be implemented well?

lolz good point.....

Hell, it would still be nice to have some usefulness for water though. Instead of just getting in the way of constructions. Or let me build over water... or even fill with dirt/concrete or something.

I think in DF water use was just automated and it froze over in winter so provided another layer of challenge all by itself on most maps. Seems reasonable for colonists to need a drink I think .... fishing zones.... wash themselves from time to time..... yeah I can see it. Doesn't need to be too complex or anything.  And if for some reason the zone has no water then I guess there's always beer eh... Although bathing in beer may be awfully stinky  >:(
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Toggle

Just because it's been discussed tons of times before, use the search bar.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

The13thRonin

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on August 24, 2015, 01:41:21 PM

Just because it's been discussed tons of times before, use the search bar.

There's no other threads about it on the front page. Also speaking of posting to the correct threads, we're not here to talk about the search bar. Please find the correct thread to talk about search bars. This one relates to suggestions surrounding collecting rainfall in dams or from lakes for fresh water,

Thank you.

Toggle

Both of those have been suggested. And, if you posted in an old thread for it, it WOULD be on the front page.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.