[A12d] eXMods (28/10/2015)

Started by spiritus80, August 24, 2015, 01:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poll booth is closed.

closed
closed

Patrykbono20

if the mod will be as awesome as your nickname is going to be awesome (Cheers! :)

spiritus80

Quote from: Patrykbono20 on August 30, 2015, 01:00:43 AM
if the mod will be as awesome as your nickname is going to be awesome (Cheers! :)

I have released version 1.4, I am satisfied with the mod so far.  I  think version 1.5 will be the biggest leap yet though, variety of pets to choose between.

Sniperly88

Can I just ask, does your mod add eXtra traders? Because if it does I'm having a few issues, if not dw about it because I have a load of mods. Thanks for the slimes though, and keep up the fantastic work

spiritus80

Quote from: Sniperly88 on September 01, 2015, 05:37:41 AM
Can I just ask, does your mod add eXtra traders? Because if it does I'm having a few issues, if not dw about it because I have a load of mods. Thanks for the slimes though, and keep up the fantastic work

You are right, the trader is acting up. I double checked, its xml is off by a mile.
Thank you for the feedback, it will get sorted in Version 1.41 later tonight.

I will release a stun gun and a floating jellyfish with the 1.41 as well. The change log after the release will be more specific. 

Nerve

Ever since 1.4 you can't harvest or amputate organs from colonists, only install them.  Mod is looking solid otherwise. 

FridayBiology

Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

spiritus80

Quote from: Nerve on September 03, 2015, 04:39:51 PM
Ever since 1.4 you can't harvest or amputate organs from colonists, only install them.  Mod is looking solid otherwise.
I have sorted out the mess, sorry about the trouble.
Version 1.45 will be out in a few minutes, Thank you for the feedback.

spiritus80

Quote from: Feirfec on September 03, 2015, 09:17:02 PM
Wild floating jelly fish?

Version 1.45 has released all of the animals into the Wild.
Ixy like Boreal forest, while the Rixy like Arid Shrubland.

spiritus80

Since the animals spawn in the wild now, I will balance them over the weekend to avoid spoiling the game, but still be fun.

FridayBiology

Is there anyway to add manhunter slime event?
> manhunter slimes have appeared. stay inside and turn off turrets and you'll be fine. event

but, maybe call it "Slime rain" event as in Terraria and spawn manhunter slimes around the map that then leave the map so that its over within the day peroid.

spiritus80

Quote from: Feirfec on September 04, 2015, 08:07:48 PM
Is there anyway to add manhunter slime event?
> manhunter slimes have appeared. stay inside and turn off turrets and you'll be fine. event

but, maybe call it "Slime rain" event as in Terraria and spawn manhunter slimes around the map that then leave the map so that its over within the day peroid.
Its a good idea, I will  definitly take it under concideration.
Atleast make some sort of event, yes.
I'll look into custom events when I get around to it.

It will be after current projects time table:
frostbite gun, (90% done)
Gnarl pet,  (sketch done)
crossbow downer (0% done, in thinktank)
part 2/3 of Way of the ZiXm for the slimes.( halfway there)
.. (Event) <----- so here perhaps
Ice Sheet survival gear... ( 0%)

Im multi tasking these projects at the moment.

FridayBiology

what about frost and fire based flan/slime.
> its abit strange but, can we mod animals to provide cold/heat? as surely ice sheet animal would be a fire flan/slime to help early survival.

Also would like King Slime event. King Slime being a raider with enemy tamed slimes as i'd like to see raiders using pets but thats not happening at the moment :P

spiritus80

Quote from: Feirfec on September 05, 2015, 09:12:17 PM
what about frost and fire based flan/slime.
> its abit strange but, can we mod animals to provide cold/heat? as surely ice sheet animal would be a fire flan/slime to help early survival.

Also would like King Slime event. King Slime being a raider with enemy tamed slimes as i'd like to see raiders using pets but thats not happening at the moment :P

It is possible to atleast make a pet generate heat from "borrowing" the xml referances from the Campfire.
On the otherside , it is possible to make a chain of damage causing frostburn or normal burn from fire.

The raider stuff might demand coding and stuff, not just pure xml.

I am working on the jellyfishes to generate small amount of heat , along with every other animal should generate small amounts of heat.
If we take examples from real life , a human would generate 100ish Watts of heat, will be hard to impliment, but...
In short , I will apply 1-3 degree generation on various animals up to a certain degree.

Causing cold on the other hand is different, its code is not open in plain sight, as it just is referanced to TempControl, without hacking the files I will not have access to reverse engineer what makes heat, and make it into cold.
The dev might release the code in form off .dll at one point, same goes with pets for raiders, and maby pets for pets :D

I will make a new release on monday.

Currently working on :
eXPets:
New pet,
New bodypart slimes that also drop as Ivory ( some stinger of sort), i've already implimented it for the Ixy, Rixy jellies.
heat emissions and light emissions,
more complex biomatter/loot drop for the pets,

eXTech:

2 Small device making heat and light , with 20ish% growth effect with a small radious, the price will be adjusted to turn it from exploit into fun.
High price, extensive 2-3 or more tiered production Chain ;
Silver -> Wires
Gold/Silver -> Coils
Plasteel -> Parts

Wire/Parts/Coils/Uranium -> PowerCore
Wire/Parts/Biomatter(Dropped slime parts) -> Frame
Parts/Plasteel -> Casing
ect..

Basicly -> Parts ontop of parts making stuff and breaking stuff back into parts, not just metal.

spiritus80

I have released an experimental mod, ready for testing. Im sure it will break previous save games.
Remove previous, then extract eXPet , eXTech and if you chose , the eXtinct one.

Nerve

Wasp stings are still instant kill.  I think it's the venom a.