Started by joshwoo69, August 24, 2015, 07:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bionic chickens?

Yes! (State reasons)
No! (State reasons)
Maybee? (State reasons)

joshwoo69

Another note too. Guys keep on topic!
Ps i finally get my three bars of yellow :)

Mikhail Reign

Yeah I kinda stopped playing this alpha when I realized that you couldn't operate on your pets. It seemed like a no brainer - all the infrastructure is their for it; pets are recognized as colony members, they have the same health etc etc, its just the lack of buttons and parts. Even if we were only aloud to amputate, or install basic parts it would have at least opened it up for modding. Got my first rhino and was all 'haha! Lets see you come through my fully bionic 2 ton killing machine now raiders....... eh what? I cant? Shelved until I can'. Isn't this the last release before Ty goes on holiday? So I get pets, but its a 6 month wait until I can operate on them?

joshwoo69

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on August 25, 2015, 08:23:47 PM
Yeah I kinda stopped playing this alpha when I realized that you couldn't operate on your pets. It seemed like a no brainer - all the infrastructure is their for it; pets are recognized as colony members, they have the same health etc etc, its just the lack of buttons and parts. Even if we were only aloud to amputate, or install basic parts it would have at least opened it up for modding. Got my first rhino and was all 'haha! Lets see you come through my fully bionic 2 ton killing machine now raiders....... eh what? I cant? Shelved until I can'. Isn't this the last release before Ty goes on holiday? So I get pets, but its a 6 month wait until I can operate on them?
Wait holiday
Well it we will wait...

Mihsan

Well nobody yet stated the oblivious "chop the balls of the dog" operation.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

joshwoo69

Quote from: Mihsan on August 25, 2015, 09:38:29 PM
Ewww!!! *pukes*

spiritus80

Do anyone know how to make it so we can open the operate tab on animals?
The code for the operation itself is available:

<WorkGiverDef>
    <defName>DoBillsMedicalAnimalOperation</defName>
    <giverClass>WorkGiver_DoBill</giverClass>
    <workType>Doctor</workType>
    <priorityInType>8</priorityInType>
    <billGiversAllAnimals>true</billGiversAllAnimals>
    <billGiversAllAnimalsCorpses>true</billGiversAllAnimalsCorpses>
    <verb>operate</verb>
    <gerund>operating on</gerund>
    <requiredCapacities>
      <li>Manipulation</li>
    </requiredCapacities>
  </WorkGiverDef>

Songleaves

Quote from: Mihsan on August 25, 2015, 09:38:29 PM

I like this idea, give you a way to prevent your animals from breeding and let's you practice responsible pet ownership :D

joshwoo69

i tried to add it in... however... maybe Ykara can help in XML editing.. (i am worser than a newb at editing XML's) :P

Ykara

Quote from: joshwoo69 on August 29, 2015, 10:50:41 AM
i tried to add it in... however... maybe Ykara can help in XML editing.. (i am worser than a newb at editing XML's) :P
Well, if the UI works and you can select operations it shouldn't be that hard to write some XMLs ^^ How far have you come?

joshwoo69

Quote from: Ykara on August 29, 2015, 11:43:32 AM
Quote from: joshwoo69 on August 29, 2015, 10:50:41 AM
Well, if the UI works and you can select operations it shouldn't be that hard to write some XMLs ^^ How far have you come?
Tried to add recipes to the animals. (No luck)
Added worker diffs provided above (still no luck..)
Did i do something wrong or did i not overwrite the core?

Ykara

I've tried it with xml and it doesn't seem to work. I've inserted recipes into the Races_Animal_Pet, but it doesn't work. I think we would need a decent dll modder to operate on animals :/

b0rsuk

I know this is the opposite of what you're after, but I noticed that it's extremely difficult to Rescue animals. Typically, you first rescue the animal, patch 5/6 of its wounds. Then the animal gets up with one wound bleeding. The wound gets infected. You try to tame it at 8% chance per day. The animal dies from infection.

Toggle

Quote from: Ykara on August 29, 2015, 01:59:32 PM
I've tried it with xml and it doesn't seem to work. I've inserted recipes into the Races_Animal_Pet, but it doesn't work. I think we would need a decent dll modder to operate on animals :/

Yeah. You need C# to create a recipeclass in order to perform any recipe for surgery, xml will get you nowhere.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

RoboticManiac

Quote from: FreddyFazbear on August 25, 2015, 07:10:09 PM
It would be awesome if we could give limbs to dogs, cats, cows, etc whose limbs got shot off! But i don't want to think about animals having human limbs though... That would be creepy! >.<
Oh God- The mental imagery of a patchwork dog made out of human spare parts is outright terrifying. Or a human with animal limbs. Rimworld has suddenly taken a terrifying turn.  :o

joshwoo69

Quote from: RoboticManiac on August 29, 2015, 10:10:57 PM
Quote from: FreddyFazbear on August 25, 2015, 07:10:09 PM
It would be awesome if we could give limbs to dogs, cats, cows, etc whose limbs got shot off! But i don't want to think about animals having human limbs though... That would be creepy! >.<
Oh God- The mental imagery of a patchwork dog made out of human spare parts is outright terrifying. Or a human with animal limbs. Rimworld has suddenly taken a terrifying turn.  :o
sorry you cannot. there are stuff in place to prevent that.