[A13] Simple trade fix mod: Trade-12

Started by Shurp, April 27, 2016, 08:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

I got tired of waiting for traders to bring me plasteel, gold, and steel, so I bumped the frequency of Orbital Traders and Trade Caravans to 12.  Yeah, upping it from 3 to 12 is a bit of overkill, you might want to back it down.  But this makes the Rimworld economy worthwhile again.

Instructions: unzip this in your Mods folder.  Play rimworld, select "Trade-12" mod.  Off you go!

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

ZozZ

What there is orbital traders never heard of them

Iwillbenicetou

You should make your own small mods page  ;) These are really nice and worth while.
Quote from: ZozZ on April 27, 2016, 10:10:25 PM
I really hope you're joking. But anyway... -.-
You have to research circuitry (I think), to get a communications console. Then you can build it and have access to orbital traders. Which are basically space ships that send/receive resources for money.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

ZozZ

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on April 27, 2016, 10:55:16 PM
You should make your own small mods page  ;) These are really nice and worth while.
Quote from: ZozZ on April 27, 2016, 10:10:25 PM
I really hope you're joking. But anyway... -.-
You have to research circuitry (I think), to get a communications console. Then you can build it and have access to orbital traders. Which are basically space ships that send/receive resources for money.
i was being sarcastic, they never come in my colonies even though i always build the comm console maybe i am just unlucky

Rock5

Yes, I was going to say he was being sarcastic because of how infrequent they come.

I'm tempted to use this mod. I don't mind the extra difficulty of having fewer traders but when you have colonists waiting for bionics to become productive again and you play the whole game to the end without ever getting the chance to buy that bionic part then it's definitely too infrequent. The best I got was once I was able to buy a bionic claw for my colonist that had 50% manipulation. That got it up to 93%. but that was only the one time and only 1 colonist.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

hoochy

You may also be interested in the ED subspace transponder mod. It allows you to build a building which takes time to "power up" that can then call an orbital ship in. This mod is a good simple idea too so nice work! But I like the ability to call them in too.

MisterVertigo

What was the frequency of Orbital Traders in the previous beta? I'd like to try this out, but I'm curious as to what a good, balance frequency would be.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Rock5

I still have A12d. It doesn't have the same incidents. Instead of OrbitalTraderArrival and TraderCaravanArrival it just had TraderArrival. It was set to 22 chance.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Astasia

12 is still essentially half of what it used to be. I've played around with the value myself, switching between 6 and 12. 12 is a pretty good number, at 6 you can still go a very long time without any.

Rock5

BTW I got rid of the Caravan one altogether. I get plenty of caravans as it is.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

viperwasp

i think they Nerfed Orbital Traders just a little to much in A13. So this mod is very good. Thanks.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Shabazza

I like your little mod.
I reduced the caravans to "6" though.