[A12] YO HEARD YOU LIKE ZE COLD - DEATHLY COLD V3

Started by TheGentlmen, August 29, 2015, 07:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cherna

DATS SOME REALLY GOOD MOD, GENT!

Really, this mod makes vanilla cold snaps and dry waves cry in corner. The other thing that it make me to do so when event happens. Could we have some less extreme event with higher chances? Like -120 C and 250 C?

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Lady Wolf on September 01, 2015, 11:14:08 AM
An interesting mod, but I'm not sure I see a lot of fun or additional game play from a game ending scenario that can randomly occur at any time?

Or can it only occur after x # of in game months/years with some kind of forewarning? (I.E some kind of warning: "Your colonists detected a massive asteroid impact scheduled to occur in approximately 20 months causing a ELE level event" that would clue you in on your impending doom?

Now if there is some kind of forewarning I can see the fun, given you now have X amount of time to build a starship (or stargate if using the Enhanced Defense mod) and get out of dodge or you're dead, and the monthly count down reminder would add to the sense of impending doom.

(on a side note wouldn't crypto sleep capsules work to keep colonists alive?)
Quote from: Cherna on September 01, 2015, 02:45:11 PM
DATS SOME REALLY GOOD MOD, GENT!

Really, this mod makes vanilla cold snaps and dry waves cry in corner. The other thing that it make me to do so when event happens. Could we have some less extreme event with higher chances? Like -120 C and 250 C?

This at most in its current state is a prototype...

A list of stuff I want, in order I want:

*Variations of extremeness
*Option at start of game to disable it.
*Early warnings
*Extreme cold in general causing hit point deterioration.
*Extreme heat cuasing flames to everything and anything... Mabry even lava for somethings.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: TheGentlmen on September 01, 2015, 07:06:30 PM

This at most in its current state is a prototype...

The variations you plan to add sound pretty slick, although i think some kind of warning about the impending doom that counts down once per month would be a fun addition, if you need a play tester for it once you get it further developed just send me a pm.  8)

macbuk

I'm really liking this mod, but... to be honest, this made the game easier, at least in my setup. I've build a huge, self-reliant bunker and there is really no point in me going out of it, besides hauling the stuff from the trade beacon, and almost every raid dies in a matter of seconds. Don't get me wrong, I really like the idea and the mod itself, just a fun fact.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: macbuk on September 01, 2015, 10:23:00 PM
I'm really liking this mod, but... to be honest, this made the game easier, at least in my setup. I've build a huge, self-reliant bunker and there is really no point in me going out of it, besides hauling the stuff from the trade beacon, and almost every raid dies in a matter of seconds. Don't get me wrong, I really like the idea and the mod itself, just a fun fact.
Ooo, need to buff raiders health then... MWAHAHA...

Too-DAMN-Much

the reason i asked was the cold event is survivable but the heat one no possible way. :)

spoiler: 20x20 freezers and separate fridge, i'll just make my living room that way as well.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Too-DAMN-Much on September 02, 2015, 06:36:10 AM
the reason i asked was the cold event is survivable but the heat one no possible way. :)

spoiler: 20x20 freezers and separate fridge, i'll just make my living room that way as well.

Technically its possible... but its just impractical

Helixien

Gentleman! I am really in love with this mod! Wanted something Ice Age like for a long time but this is even better! I nearly feel like the planet you play on becomes a rouge planet
Great work!

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here