Prison Management

Started by LouisTBR, August 25, 2015, 03:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisTBR

Is it just me, or do all of you think that something is off when a 'Die for my colony' raider that was trying to mash you up two minutes ago just turns into a colony pet when imprisoned? I mean, sure, they go berserk every once in a while, but nothing that can't be fixed by starving them until them fall over, ready to be collected to restart the process all over again. What the prison system needs, and deserves, being the main source of new colonists, is a bit of a spruce up!

First off, prisoners need to be able to think for themselves. Instead of waiting for a heroic rescue mission from their colony/tribe, they should plot an escape. Like, every couple of days a prisoner gets violent with the warden, and they fight. The prisoners, because they cannot be searched, should have a possibility of carrying a knife or gun on them. They should try to overpower the warden, and sneak out. When they break out of the door, you could have an optional sensor which detects escapees and sends you an alert message when they run away.
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Lonely Rogue

I totally agree. I had a suggestion out for it a few patches ago, and it didn't get as much attention as I'd hoped, it's a good idea. +1
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

LouisTBR

Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

setonoverdrive

It sounds like an absolute nightmare but I like it.

Toggle

How'd they get the knife or gun though? The prisoners are usually incapacitated before being captured, and I strip my prisoners, so even if not stripped they were probably 'searched' to prevent hiding the gun. And unless they wore heavy layers I doubt they'd be able to hide it while carried unconscious. If they stole it though, hm...
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

LouisTBR

Exactly. If the warden had a weapon on them, the prisoner could steal it. Then, once you notice that his/her weapon is gone, the prisoner is out!

Toggle

Problem with that is if the person hijacks the weapon as you're raided, and your gun carrying a single use doomsday rocket launcher is suddenly missing his gun when you assemble your team.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

zandadoum

Quote from: Louisthebadassrimworlder on August 27, 2015, 07:23:22 AM
Exactly. If the warden had a weapon on them, the prisoner could steal it. Then, once you notice that his/her weapon is gone, the prisoner is out!
And that's, ladies and gentlemen, is why I have turret in my prison and base corridors and since a12, yorkshire patrols. You know something is wrong when you wake up at 3am with 27 little bastards yapping like hell.

GamerGuy

Maybe they craft a weak siv from a peice of sharp stone?