[MOD REQUEST] Expanded medical care for animals

Started by Quillia, August 26, 2015, 12:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quillia

My colony's beloved pet monkey wandered into the crossfire between some raiders and my colonists. This resulted in him getting hurt, which included shattering his rear left leg three times. The only options in the game as it stands now is to let him suffer on with a pretty hefty movement debuff, or to put him out of his misery. I was thinking a mod that allowed animal limb amputations for a reduced debuff. It would even be relatively lore friendly seeing as we can attach bionic limbs and such to colonists. I'm not looking for cybernetic animals (though unleashing an army of cybermonkies would be hilarious) but basic amputations and possibly peg/simple limb replacements with similar effects to what is already available for colonists. I only mention basic prosthetics to help support larger animals like muffalo, cows, elephants, etc...

I'd attempt to do this myself but I don't have any experience with modding or coding. 

Fluffy (l2032)

I know Z0mbie has been talking about this and something related on the modder slack, it appears to be quite difficult though. I.e.; it's not a question of tweaking some xml, requires C# coding.