[A12d] Cats! (updated 23-9, hardier legendaries, lowered volume)

Started by Fluffy (l2032), August 25, 2015, 06:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should I focus on?

More domestic cats
61 (26.4%)
Wild cats (Lion, Sphynx, Tiger, etc. )
119 (51.5%)
Cat Food, other cat related objects.
51 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 231

Fluffy (l2032)

Domestic Cats

• Maine Coon, and the miniature version based of my own lovely kitten, Cara.
    • European Shorthair, Tuxedo variety, thanks to AshbornK9, Lokidemon and Gallows.
    • British Shorthair, suggested by Batpeter.
    • Norwegian Forest Cat, thanks to Merlin, and her owner LadyAth.
    • Siamese, inspired by RolandDeschain's kitten, https://instagram.com/meowcifer_kaleidoscope/, and based on textures kindly donated by Lokidemon

Wild Cats

• Lion, textures kindly provided by Lokidemon
    • Tiger

Legendary Cats

• Feenix, legendary feline-Phoenix hybrid that needs fire to survive. Appears with an incident, very much like a Thrumbo. He survives by burning matter for sustenance, and is likely to start fires. Can be tamed, but be prepared to deal with his unique life cycle. Textures by Lokidemon
    • Icicat, legendary cat icicle that radiates cold wherever it goes. Appears with an incident, and is slightly more docile than the Feenix. Textures by Lokidemon

Other Stuff

• Cat BehaviourTM; cats will need to sharpen their claws, will sleep wherever they please (any surface/bed - does not interfere with pawns/normal colony work), and from time to time will go absolute bonkers and run around like crazy.
    • Cat Food, a processed food source for carnivorous animals. 20 catfood can be made from 10 meat and 10 plant material, due to an exorbitant amount of artificial additives the result is more nutritious than the input. Colonists will hate eating it, your meat supply will thank you!
    • Feeding bowl, a small bowl for providing your cats with strategically placed food supplies.
    • Scratching pole, a place for your cats to sharpen their claws. Build one or more to stop your catch scratching up the furniture.

• Lokidemon - Textures on the Lion, Siamese, Feenix and Icicat.
    • Also a huge thanks to everyone on the RimWorld modding slack for valuable feedback, support, and pointing out my obvious mistakes.

More wild cats, definitely no more legendary cats - you reading this loki?, crude cat hunting behaviour.

Mods that modify the base Cooker and Butchery station will likely remove the recipe for cat food. Let me know if/when this occurs and I'll look into it!

Lion sounds are a bit sparse and rough around the edges.
    Feenix will cause lag if enclosed in a space without any reachable fires or flammable things.
    Cats are unaware of other cats when they decide where to sleep, if two cats choose the same spot, they will overlap. I call it a feature, because it's kindof cute.

Latest release | All releases | GitHub repository

The license for all of my mods can be found here.

[/list]
    A12d_9c - Feenix and Icicat are now a lot tougher (double the health, added armor). Lowered volume of cat calls (hurt, angry and death sounds are unaffected).
    A12d_9b - Lions and Tigers now spawn in the wild (Arid shrubland and Tropical rainforests respectively).
    A12d_9a - Fixed Icicat to no longer die of hypothermia.
    v12d_9 - Icicat, slight tweaks to cat sleeping AI, new naming scheme.
    v0.8 - Cat Behaviour[sup][size=6pt]TM[/size][/sup]
    v0.7 - Feenix!
    v0.6 - Tigers added, female lion texture added. Feeding bowls and scratching poles added.
    v0.5 - Cat food added. Lions spawn in the wild.
    v0.4 - Siamese and Lion added.
    v0.3 - British Shorthair and Norwegian Forest Cat added, verified working with 12c (not that anything changed).
    v0.2 - European Shorthair added. Tweaked purring sound, slightly increased move speed and wildness, slightly reduced petness for all cats.
    v0.1 - initial release[/list]

Ptolisgoodguy

I hear the voices... They are telling me to do terrible things... Sounds Fun!

Match

This mod will be purrfect!

Ninefinger

Awesome! I love Cats!!! Just what was missing!!! Great job and nice textures!

Kalshion

Ahh kitties :-3

Will diff' download this! Too bad I can't get you good pictures of my cat, he's a bit camera shy (except when he's asleep, then he's a ham-cat >_>)

jamesinar

Do they hunt down and murder everything smaller than they are?

mokonasakura

Everything looks good but one thing I don't like is there "purr" sounds like a wood pecker. Just remove the purr and keep the meow.

PotatoeTater

Awesome job man, I uses only a few mods and I can say this one gets to make the list.
    Life is Strange

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: mokonasakura on August 25, 2015, 08:06:01 PM
    Everything looks good but one thing I don't like is there "purr" sounds like a wood pecker. Just remove the purr and keep the meow.

Aww, I quite liked that.... Maybe I can fiddle a bit with it so it's more of a background noise. Loving the feedback though, expect more tonight! (23:00 ish, europe time).

Romi

harpo99999

Batpeter

(request blue British Shorthair kthxbai)

Florius

Oh my god, thank you, my prayers have been answered! Hope you can expand the amount of cats/wild cats, perhaps lynx, etc!

gruhfuss

Add a cheetah! Good for chasing down fleeing raiders  :D

lokidemon

Great mod, will be dl'ing as soon as I get home!
    Also because Black Cats Appreciation Day, oh wait, that was last week, nvrmnd, I volunteer mine (he's an ESH - European Shorthair)

(Pictures, I can provide, oh my)