[A12d] Cats! (updated 23-9, hardier legendaries, lowered volume)

Started by Fluffy (l2032), August 25, 2015, 06:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should I focus on?

More domestic cats
61 (26.4%)
Wild cats (Lion, Sphynx, Tiger, etc. )
119 (51.5%)
Cat Food, other cat related objects.
51 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 231

LadyAth

Please, please add my kitties :)  Would love to have them in game.
Merlin and Shadow, Norwegian Forest cats.

[attachment deleted due to age]

RolandDeschain

https://instagram.com/meowcifer_kaleidoscope/
50% ragamuffin, 50% diluted calico, 100% adorable.
Yes. My cat has an instagram. Like. Comment. Subscribe!
I would be honored if my cat was in your mod. Use any photos you like!
EDIT: All of these cats are also beautiful!

Fluffy (l2032)

Meet the European Shorthair!

He's also inspired by Arcade, a domestic shorthair, who's frankly so insanely cute I feel bad about not making a whole mode about him: http://imgur.com/a/pUw2d. Also, shoot out to (almost) black cats and tuxedos!

Finally, I need to figure out how to allow cats to interbreed. Right now, each breed is it's own little clan that doesn't mix with others. That means that if I add too many cats, it might actually get hard to obtain a breeding pair - and we'ld have to do without kittens! If I can somehow manage that all cats can interbreed, there's only my time as a limit on the number of breeds we can have. Sadly, one texture per breed does seem to be a pretty hard limit, so I still can't oblige everyone with their pet in game, sorry!

On a related note, it should be possible to add least at pet names to the generator, so that's something. I'll keep you updated.

Finally, if anyone feels like providing textures, that would be a huge help! Right now I'm spending an evening per feline, which is putting a bit of a dent on my available time for playing the actual game... You'ld get full credit ofcourse!

NihilRex

For legendary cats, perhaps Grumpy Cat could become a Thrumbo-like creation?  Beams that make you have a sad\dazed\wandering breakdown ;)

Florius

Oh, is this a cat thread now o.O

Pheanox

Mew mew mew.

Hooray you took my suggestion!

LanMc

LOVE!!!!  Can't wait to play with it!!!  Thank you so much!!!
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

TheSilencedScream

Mobile target practice?! Sweet! Thank you!  ;)
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

FMJ Penguin

Quote from: lokidemon on August 26, 2015, 10:46:27 AM
Great mod, will be dl'ing as soon as I get home!
Also because Black Cats Appreciation Day, oh wait, that was last week, nvrmnd, I volunteer mine (he's an ESH - European Shorthair)

(Pictures, I can provide, oh my)

Dayam..... you stole my cat! White streak on the chest and everything? Same eyes, that's kinda spooky. Does yours have a white patch on his/her belly too and super tiny paws and walks in high heals? Seriously mine walks like she's got high heals on or something haha.
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

lokidemon

Quote from: FMJ Penguin on August 27, 2015, 12:07:17 AM
Also because Black Cats Appreciation Day, oh wait, that was last week, nvrmnd, I volunteer mine (he's an ESH - European Shorthair)
Pic Edited out

Dayam..... you stole my cat! White streak on the chest and everything? Same eyes, that's kinda spooky. Does yours have a white patch on his/her belly too and super tiny paws and walks in high heals? Seriously mine walks like she's got high heals on or something haha.

Dam! YES, he does have 7 white hairs on his belly! His paws are maybe tiny in comparison to his fat bum, but not really. Bring yours over to play!  ;)

Quote from: l2032 on August 26, 2015, 06:01:39 PM
Finally, if anyone feels like providing textures, that would be a huge help! Right now I'm spending an evening per feline, which is putting a bit of a dent on my available time for playing the actual game... You'ld get full credit ofcourse!

Dou you suppose you cloud upload a PNG outline of your cats texture and we could fill it in with colors and upload back? If you know what I mean  ???

Too-DAMN-Much

neat mod, i hope you decide to add cheetahs too :D

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: lokidemon on August 27, 2015, 04:01:35 AM
Dou you suppose you cloud upload a PNG outline of your cats texture and we could fill it in with colors and upload back? If you know what I mean  ???
I know what you mean ;) I was thinking about just that, uploading a generic template so people have a base to create their own. I'ld like breeds to be more than just recolourings of the same though, so some further modifications might be in order. I'll see what I can come up with tonight!

lokidemon

Quote from: l2032 on August 27, 2015, 04:05:23 AM
Quote from: lokidemon on August 27, 2015, 04:01:35 AM
I know what you mean ;) I was thinking about just that, uploading a generic template so people have a base to create their own. I'ld like breeds to be more than just recolourings of the same though, so some further modifications might be in order. I'll see what I can come up with tonight!

people would be free to change the template, I suppose, or there could be several templates for use with bobtail cats, scottish fold cats, curls, rex with big ears, big maine-coons, small munchkins and longhair, shorthair or sphynx cats (can't think of more varieties atm, shame on me)

harpo99999

what a PURRRRRDy little black kitty, just wait til it grows up, then it will look like my B I G black cuddle BUZZER(20 pounds of muscle and a 3 stage purr (the first stage only shakes the funiture he was on, the second stage shakes the room, the third stage shakes the HOUSE (btw concrete slab house so should NOT shake except when the earth shakes)) and he also  had 6 white hairs on his chest and even black pads and claws and even the roof of his mouth was black

lokidemon

Quote from: harpo99999 on August 27, 2015, 06:48:17 AM
what a PURRRRRDy little black kitty, just wait til it grows up, then it will look like my B I G black cuddle BUZZER(20 pounds of muscle and a 3 stage purr (the first stage only shakes the funiture he was on, the second stage shakes the room, the third stage shakes the HOUSE (btw concrete slab house so should NOT shake except when the earth shakes)) and he also  had 6 white hairs on his chest and even black pads and claws and even the roof of his mouth was black

20 pounds??  :o And I thought mine was a fatso with his 13 pounds. He does look like a kitten in the picture, it's because of the perspective (of me lying on the floor to take the picture, lol), but he's a big 3yo boy already