[A12d] Cats! (updated 23-9, hardier legendaries, lowered volume)

Started by Fluffy (l2032), August 25, 2015, 06:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should I focus on?

More domestic cats
61 (26.4%)
Wild cats (Lion, Sphynx, Tiger, etc. )
119 (51.5%)
Cat Food, other cat related objects.
51 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 231

harpo99999

Quote from: lokidemon on August 27, 2015, 08:29:19 AM
Quote from: harpo99999 on August 27, 2015, 08:07:23 AM
ONLY 13 pounds, you MUST BE STARVING your cat, my small girl is ONLY 17 pounds, but also all muscle, and if she wants to nuzzle my hand while sitting beside me  (while I am standing (5f10inch)) she just sits on her rear legs and nuzzles my hand, and if she decides to grab my wrists,then she just stands in her rear legs and grabs, BUT she does not use her hooks when grabing me, so I think she must like me
Are you sure your cats are of the kind that is supposed to fit in a house??  ;D I thought only Maine Coons and wild cats were supposed to get this big, my itty bitty ESH would get flattened if one of yours would come over to play  :o
And no worries, he's most certainly not starving, lol, look at this not starving belly

(Please ignore the glare'o'death, it's usually harmless)
as they are BOTH adoptions from the RSPCA, and their paperwork says that they are domestic short hair, and my girl was only 6 months old when I got her, but I let her chose how much and when to eat, she grew up to be  large but healthy cat, and my boy when I adopted him was 11 months old and a long boy, and also liked to chose when to eat, but also was very active so burnt off the food, and even has suprised me by doing a vertical takeoff and land 1.2 METRES up without touching the sides of the large cat tower (a bit larger than a 40 gallon drum(200 litre) the tower dimensions are 79cm diameter, 120cm highcarpet glued to outside and inner shelfs, fake fur and wadding on the top with access holes on each of the inner sheves and the centre of the top) andis still one of their favourite places other than my bed

LadyAth

This is tuning into a very awesome mod, thank you!  :) :) :)

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: harpo99999 on August 27, 2015, 07:01:27 PM
Quote from: lokidemon on August 27, 2015, 08:29:19 AM
Quote from: harpo99999 on August 27, 2015, 08:07:23 AM
ONLY 13 pounds, you MUST BE STARVING your cat, my small girl is ONLY 17 pounds, but also all muscle, and if she wants to nuzzle my hand while sitting beside me  (while I am standing (5f10inch)) she just sits on her rear legs and nuzzles my hand, and if she decides to grab my wrists,then she just stands in her rear legs and grabs, BUT she does not use her hooks when grabing me, so I think she must like me
Are you sure your cats are of the kind that is supposed to fit in a house??  ;D I thought only Maine Coons and wild cats were supposed to get this big, my itty bitty ESH would get flattened if one of yours would come over to play  :o
And no worries, he's most certainly not starving, lol, look at this not starving belly

(Please ignore the glare'o'death, it's usually harmless)
as they are BOTH adoptions from the RSPCA, and their paperwork says that they are domestic short hair, and my girl was only 6 months old when I got her, but I let her chose how much and when to eat, she grew up to be  large but healthy cat, and my boy when I adopted him was 11 months old and a long boy, and also liked to chose when to eat, but also was very active so burnt off the food, and even has suprised me by doing a vertical takeoff and land 1.2 METRES up without touching the sides of the large cat tower (a bit larger than a 40 gallon drum(200 litre) the tower dimensions are 79cm diameter, 120cm highcarpet glued to outside and inner shelfs, fake fur and wadding on the top with access holes on each of the inner sheves and the centre of the top) andis still one of their favourite places other than my bed

my last siamese was about 30lbs, he was simply very obese and lazy. :)

lokidemon

Quote from: l2032 on August 27, 2015, 05:50:36 PM
That looks pretty damn good Loki! Mind if I use that to make a Siamese inspired by https://instagram.com/meowcifer_kaleidoscope/ tomorrow?

Go right ahead, that's what I made the thing for!

Quote from: l2032 on August 27, 2015, 06:09:49 PM
If you open the textures/DomesticCat folder in the mod, there's a bunch of .pxd files next to the .png's the game uses. These can be opened with pixlr, and are my working documents.
Oh, so THAT'S what they are, I was beginning to wonder.

Quote from: l2032 on August 27, 2015, 06:09:49 PM
Take a look at some of the base dog graphics first as inspiration, my first mistake was to focus way too much on getting details right that you won't be able to see ingame anyway. What matters much more is the overall feel of the thing. As you can see, I'm still prone to make that mistake - I am no artist either ;).
That's an interesting inspiration, I didn't think my outline would be too detailed to look good in-game, but I see I might have been mistaken. I'll do better next time.

lokidemon

As long as they're healthy, that's all that matters! Do you have any photos of them for size ccomparison? Maybe they would also make it into the game?

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: lokidemon on August 28, 2015, 03:02:57 AM
That's an interesting inspiration, I didn't think my outline would be too detailed to look good in-game, but I see I might have been mistaken. I'll do better next time.
I haven't put your textures in game yet, but as far as I'm concerned the outline looks better than my attempts so far - and most of the core stuff ;) That being said, I will probably simplify the face and make the side a bit more abstract to match with core and cats textures so far.

lokidemon

Quote from: l2032 on August 28, 2015, 04:59:14 AM
I haven't put your textures in game yet, but as far as I'm concerned the outline looks better than my attempts so far - and most of the core stuff ;) That being said, I will probably simplify the face and make the side a bit more abstract to match with core and cats textures so far.

Go ahead, whatever looks better in-game is fine by me. It's a learning experience and I will be doing a few more textures, so we'll see what comes out of it. I think I'll try myself on a lion next, would that be ok by you?

Fluffy (l2032)

Looking at the poll results, that would be awesome! :D

harpo99999

Quote from: lokidemon on August 28, 2015, 03:06:22 AM
SNIP

As long as they're healthy, that's all that matters! Do you have any photos of them for size ccomparison? Maybe they would also make it into the game?
a pic of the two occupying the bed

[attachment deleted due to age]

RolandDeschain

Quote from: l2032 on August 25, 2015, 06:05:56 PM

Coming soon
Siamese, inspired by RolandDeschain's kitten, https://instagram.com/meowcifer_kaleidoscope/
Depending on my mood; more domestic cats, cat interbreeding, wild cats or cat food.

Best moment of my cat's life. With your help she will surely become instafamous! Cant wait until i see her "in the flesh"

EDIT: Make sure they can haul! https://instagram.com/p/31JkX0oGtN/?taken-by=meowcifer_kaleidoscope

Shinzy

lokidemon

So, some lions... or one lion, actually.

[attachment deleted due to age]

lokidemon

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Shinzy on August 28, 2015, 02:56:01 PM
Quote from: RolandDeschain on August 28, 2015, 01:13:06 PM
EDIT: Make sure they can haul! https://instagram.com/p/31JkX0oGtN/?taken-by=meowcifer_kaleidoscope

also make sure their carry capacity is exactly 1! =P
I'll look into that. I know it's linked to body size, right now my cats can't haul, sorry :P

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: lokidemon on August 28, 2015, 03:43:09 PM
So, some lions... or one lion, actually.

Oh. My. God. I hereby give you full creative control of the mod! :D Thats freaking beautiful!