[A12d] Cats! (updated 23-9, hardier legendaries, lowered volume)

Started by Fluffy (l2032), August 25, 2015, 06:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should I focus on?

More domestic cats
61 (26.4%)
Wild cats (Lion, Sphynx, Tiger, etc. )
119 (51.5%)
Cat Food, other cat related objects.
51 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 231

Fluffy (l2032)

Seriously, that guy is just filled to the brim with character! I love his ears sticking out on the back angle, and the mane! The mane!

lokidemon

Quote from: l2032 on August 28, 2015, 03:45:51 PM
Oh. My. God. I hereby give you full creative control of the mod! :D Thats freaking beautiful!

That's kind of daunting
Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

Quote from: l2032 on August 28, 2015, 03:47:56 PM
Seriously, that guy is just filled to the brim with character! I love his ears sticking out on the back angle, and the mane! The mane!
I know, the mane, right?  ;D

Florius

Quote from: lokidemon on August 28, 2015, 03:43:09 PM
So, some lions... or one lion, actually.

Omg, it looks amazing! Can't wait to see them roam around in Rimworld!!

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Florius on August 28, 2015, 04:39:41 PM
Omg, it looks amazing! Can't wait to see them roam around in Rimworld!!
You won't have to wait long! Spent the evening getting a few soundbites together, they're not perfect yet but they'll do for now. We'll also need a lioness texture (loki, you up for that? :D), but expect a lion update later tonight.

lokidemon

Quote from: l2032 on August 28, 2015, 05:23:51 PM
We'll also need a lioness texture (loki, you up for that? :D), but expect a lion update later tonight.

Oh, that's right, silly of me not to think of that, I'll make a lioness for sure!

Fluffy (l2032)

Hear me roar!
The king of the jungle has arrived;

And in his footsteps this shy little fellow turned up;

This update is almost entirely Lokidemon's work, for which I am very grateful. Any issues with the Siamese are introduced by me, and the lion texture is just perfect!

Florius

Hopefully we can get a lioness soon too, so we can breed lions and get a freakin' lion army!
That will teach those pirate raiders mwuahahah

RolandDeschain

The cats are not showing up at any traders, not even in the Spawn Pawn in the debug menu?
Only have a couple small mods going..

RolandDeschain

Quote from: RolandDeschain on August 28, 2015, 07:22:59 PM
The cats are not showing up at any traders, not even in the Spawn Pawn in the debug menu?

EDIT: nvm im stupid. had the RW Cats folder in mods, not the Cats! folder.  :P

harpo99999

Quote from: lokidemon on August 28, 2015, 03:44:19 PM
Quote from: harpo99999 on August 28, 2015, 10:32:32 AM
a pic of the two occupying the bed

they're ADORABLE!
and when they team up they CAN occupy an entire wide doorway till they get their toll (either a rub or a head scratch or a chin tickle), and in that photo they were not fully stretched out but curled up a bit and both of them can stretch out from one side of the bed to the other

TheRedOne

Please add one or two screenshots to the front post

Fluffy (l2032)

So it turns out cats could interbreed all along, as the game does make a check by race, and all domestic cats share a race. This will have the odd side-effect of cat meat being labelled "Domestic Cat Meat" but frankly if you let colonists eat your cats you're either desperate and won't care, or you're morally bankrupt and I don't care. Somewhat oddly, leather does seem to get labelled according to breed - but again, think real hard about what you're doing if you let your colonist run around in cat skin clothing.

Also, this does raise the question of why nobody told me?! Shame on you all!

As for tonights' update; I've added cat food. It takes 10 meat and 10 plant materials to get 20 catfood (modified by cooking skill and such). The resulting cat food is labelled as a meat and more nutritious than the input due to a stunning amount of artificial additives. Colonists can eat cat food, but will do so only when desperate, and gain a bad mood effect.

Cats will not care about your efforts, and eat whatever they please - usually whatever is closest. As far as I'm concerned, this is completely realistic, but I'll work on adding feeding bowls tomorrow so you can put some around the base and hope the cats will actually appreciate the food you made for them, instead of eating all your meat.

Also, I'll probably add a tiger. Or maybe actually play the game a bit.

Quote from: TheRedOne on August 29, 2015, 01:42:01 AM
Please add one or two screenshots to the front post
I'll work on that once the cats in game are a bit more stable. There's close ups of the textures scattered throughout this forum, and on the linked github download page.

Quote from: RolandDeschain on August 28, 2015, 07:25:35 PM
Quote from: RolandDeschain on August 28, 2015, 07:22:59 PM

EDIT: nvm im stupid. had the RW Cats folder in mods, not the Cats! folder.  :P
I might change the folder structure, I myself always get annoyed at the extra step involved in installing mods with nested folder structures, so I get your pain ;).

Quote from: Florius on August 28, 2015, 06:47:46 PM
Hopefully we can get a lioness soon too, so we can breed lions and get a freakin' lion army!
That will teach those pirate raiders mwuahahah
You can breed lions right now, females just look like a slightly smaller male lion. Also, in my test runs a pack of lions completely ripped a raid to shreds, they're pretty formidable (perhaps too much so). Let me know how breeding a lion army goes for you!

Der Failer

I've just had a group of 8 European Shorthair join my colony. This mod is awesome!

The only this which is a little strange lets say is that one of them is called Burning. Not quit sure what to think about him, i'll have to watch him.
Just to make it clear i do know that all names come from the Core game, but don't make it less weird imho.

AshbornK9

Quote from: l2032 on August 26, 2015, 06:01:39 PM
Meet the European Shorthair!

He's also inspired by Arcade, a domestic shorthair, who's frankly so insanely cute I feel bad about not making a whole mode about him: http://imgur.com/a/pUw2d. Also, shoot out to (almost) black cats and tuxedos!

Finally, I need to figure out how to allow cats to interbreed. Right now, each breed is it's own little clan that doesn't mix with others. That means that if I add too many cats, it might actually get hard to obtain a breeding pair - and we'ld have to do without kittens! If I can somehow manage that all cats can interbreed, there's only my time as a limit on the number of breeds we can have. Sadly, one texture per breed does seem to be a pretty hard limit, so I still can't oblige everyone with their pet in game, sorry!

On a related note, it should be possible to add least at pet names to the generator, so that's something. I'll keep you updated.

Finally, if anyone feels like providing textures, that would be a huge help! Right now I'm spending an evening per feline, which is putting a bit of a dent on my available time for playing the actual game... You'ld get full credit ofcourse!
Thank you for putting my dear Ruca in the game! That is probably the best picture I have of her, generally she doesn't like sitting still long enough to get a good picture.
A canine born from the Ashes of the wasteland.

Click here:

Florius

It is indeed completely realistic, at least regarding my cat, because he eats whatever is closest and he can find! (Which is normal for cats)