[A12d] Cats! (updated 23-9, hardier legendaries, lowered volume)

Started by Fluffy (l2032), August 25, 2015, 06:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should I focus on?

More domestic cats
61 (26.4%)
Wild cats (Lion, Sphynx, Tiger, etc. )
119 (51.5%)
Cat Food, other cat related objects.
51 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 231

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: falcongrey on August 31, 2015, 08:27:32 PM
Loving this mod and THANK YOU so much for giving my colonist his kitty to love! <3

Only one suggestion for future releases, decide on a 'fixed folder name' for the mod such as Cats or CatsBigandSmall.  Just something fixed in name inside the 'zip' folder. This way when we unzip to update the outdated version we simply delete the old and copy in the new, start the game and continue. Otherwise, currently we need to re-install the mod because the mod name has changed and throws off the save games as well.

Really loving this mod though, awesome work and thank you again!
You're welcome! Always love to hear people are enjoying some quality time with their in-game kittens :).

As far as I'm aware, the name hasn't changed? There's a folder within a folder though (side-effect of hosting on github, RW_Cats is the github repository name, Cats! folder is the mod, and found within RW_Cats). Only in v0.1 was the folder actually Cats!, that being said I might change the folder structure in the future so you can just unpack it and go.

falcongrey

DERP!  :o Yes you are correct on that one... not sure how I missed it!
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

Fluffy (l2032)

Small bugfix: Lions no longer moonwalk.

lokidemon

Fixed the male Lion outline, should be more uniform with the lioness now

[attachment deleted due to age]

lokidemon

Also, not sure what this is, but I think it's extremely carnivorous and hungry... anybody want to keep it?  :o

[attachment deleted due to age]

Florius

Looks hot, literally! Would be awesome if it can be implemented.

Are you perhaps doing tigers and lynx too soon? ^^
Something that also walks around in colder areas, because I am playing on a cold map, but haven't seen any cat just yet :(

Florius

Not sure, but are you supposed to be able to make cat food at a butcher table? Or is that a bug hehe?

lokidemon

Quote from: Florius on September 03, 2015, 05:39:15 PM
Are you perhaps doing tigers and lynx too soon? ^^
Something that also walks around in colder areas, because I am playing on a cold map, but haven't seen any cat just yet :(
Well, we already have tigers, they were added in the last release. Do they not show up in your game?
Some colder cats, what would you like to see? I will definitely be making a lynx texture, so maybe this one could be persuaded into sub-zero temperatures. ;)

Quote from: Florius on September 04, 2015, 12:31:00 AM
Not sure, but are you supposed to be able to make cat food at a butcher table? Or is that a bug hehe?
Personally I don't think it's a bug. Why shouldn't you be able to make cat food at a butcher table? After all, cats eat raw meat, even domestic ones.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Florius on September 04, 2015, 12:31:00 AM
It's intentional, partially because I feel like a butcher when I prepare our kitten's food (the gf is real big into the whole BARF thing), and partially because I figured if I spread the recipe around over two workbenches, that's double the odds it'll still be there when you have other mods changing workbenches ;).

Quote from: lokidemon on September 03, 2015, 04:08:37 PM
Also, not sure what this is, but I think it's extremely carnivorous and hungry... anybody want to keep it?  :o
Looking good, Loki! Do you have a name for him yet? :)

Going to add him later today, just debating if I should add him as a regular wild cat, or if I should try and incorporate some kind of event for him (like the thrumbo). Maybe he could set random fires around him (no promises - this would require C#, and I suck at C#!). What do you guys think?
Actually, given those two options, I think I can pretty much guess what you guys think.... Ugh, time to learn more C# I guess :P

lokidemon

Quote from: l2032 on September 04, 2015, 03:35:40 AM
Looking good, Loki! Do you have a name for him yet? :)
Well no, apart from flamecat, which is maybe a too obvious name for the beast.

Quote from: l2032 on September 04, 2015, 03:35:40 AM
Going to add him later today, just debating if I should add him as a regular wild cat, or if I should try and incorporate some kind of event for him (like the thrumbo). Maybe he could set random fires around him (no promises - this would require C#, and I suck at C#!). What do you guys think?
Actually, given those two options, I think I can pretty much guess what you guys think.... Ugh, time to learn more C# I guess :P
Actually, that was exactly what I was hoping you would say  ;D But you could set him free into the world as he is and add the legendary bit later, when you've cracked C#  ;)
Also, I was thinking of an icecat to go with this one

Fluffy (l2032)

Best I could come up with was firecat, but that's not better :P I'll see if I can find some mythical references to something like this for a better name.

And will do, my appointments for today cancelled so I've taken the day off work. Will probably do an update with your new lion and the unnamed fire beast this afternoon, then fiddle around with C#. I also have an idea for a Sphynx that should be fun. Additionally, I've been wanting to implement cat behaviourTM, which basically means cats would do some random shit to annoy and delight you - just like in real life. For starters, a sped up version of just wandering;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5ODwR6FPRQ

lokidemon

Quote from: l2032 on September 04, 2015, 04:31:51 AM
I also have an idea for a Sphynx that should be fun.
ooooh, interesting, fun Sphynxes  ;) Should I look into making a texture, or do you want to do this one?

Quote from: l2032 on September 04, 2015, 04:31:51 AMAdditionally, I've been wanting to implement cat behaviourTM, which basically means cats would do some random shit to annoy and delight you - just like in real life. For starters, a sped up version of just wandering
Oh yes, this is exactly what they do. Not to mention destroying the furniture, vomiting and piddling in the corners. Also lying around in the doorways, preferably in the dark and hiding in the wardrobes.

harpo99999

you forgot curling up and going to sleep on their people and changing their food choice every couple of days

Fluffy (l2032)

I haven't started the Sphynx texture yet, and it'll probably be a while before I can figure out how to implement him with the event the way I want. If you have some time to do textures, I'ld love more wild cats! Lynx and Cheetah or Leopard would be at the top of my list.

Special animals and behaviour is a lot harder to implement, textures for those can wait as far as I'm concerned.

@Loki, mind if I add you as an author? At this point half the textures are yours ;)

@Harpo, true :). But I was mostly going for things I think I can actually implement. Would be nice if cats saw sleeping colonists as viable sleeping spots though, I'll look into that. As for food choice, I think that might be stretching it a bit, while definitely true, it'ld be very fiddly for players - I'm hoping to implement things that look cool and possibly give a slight bonus/penalty, but can also readily be ignored.

Fluffy (l2032)

Also, Loki, minor thing and I've changed it for the existing textures, but textures are assumed to face right on the side profiles (I didn't check this on the last one, hence the moonwalking lion ;))