[A12d] Cats! (updated 23-9, hardier legendaries, lowered volume)

Started by Fluffy (l2032), August 25, 2015, 06:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should I focus on?

More domestic cats
61 (26.4%)
Wild cats (Lion, Sphynx, Tiger, etc. )
119 (51.5%)
Cat Food, other cat related objects.
51 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 231

FridayBiology

For those wishing to be a Cat for a few moments each day.

Catlateral Damage - the trailer is horrible though decent game
http://store.steampowered.com/app/329860/
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Smokee

I haven't had any either, I am playing with the mod on, but haven't seen anything yet. :/ no ships, no events, no wild roaming.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Smokee on September 14, 2015, 02:26:48 PM
I haven't had any either, I am playing with the mod on, but haven't seen anything yet. :/ no ships, no events, no wild roaming.
Can you spawn them in dev mode? Should be a bunch of things labelled Fluffy_x. If they're there, the mod is loaded, and they should at least occasionally come with traders.

I'm really not sure if I did the wild spawning correctly, it's actually quite possible I messed that up, and they don't have a biome assigned (and I assume therefore won't spawn).

As for the events, they're intentionally quite rare, I think the same as the Thrumbo.

falcongrey

Kind of starting to expect Nekos to show up soon in some update at this rate. ;D

Would be kind of fun and interesting!  A Neko with a cat's personality, a 5 year old's understanding, EASILY distracted (Oh Meow, how you doing... SQUIRREL!), and a human's ability to do things (limitedly due to understanding such as can do cooking and cleaning but can't do construction or repairs). And have a unique Pawn appearance.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

Smokee

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on September 14, 2015, 05:16:23 PM
Quote from: Smokee on September 14, 2015, 02:26:48 PM
Can you spawn them in dev mode? Should be a bunch of things labelled Fluffy_x. If they're there, the mod is loaded, and they should at least occasionally come with traders.

I'm really not sure if I did the wild spawning correctly, it's actually quite possible I messed that up, and they don't have a biome assigned (and I assume therefore won't spawn).

As for the events, they're intentionally quite rare, I think the same as the Thrumbo.

I have no idea how to use dev mode! I'm a complete newbie, aha. Haven't had a thrumbo yet either, so I understand about the event ones. I just want a house cat! :)

Fluffy (l2032)

Ok, so the devmode is like a massive cheating interface, primarily so developpers and modders can quickly test things without having to play the game for hours to get a large base.

You can activate it by checking the 'enable devmode' tick in the game options. Once that's enabled you have a few extra icons at the top. One of the 'play'-like buttons opens up a big list of buttons that allow you to start all kind of events, spawn items and pawns, etc. If you click the spawn Pawn button (on the right side), you get a list of all pawns (animals, humans, everything that moves is a pawn). In that list, there should be a number of Fluffy_x entries, where x is the race of the cat. If they show up, the mod is loaded, and you not getting any is just plain bad luck!

(Now turn off devmode again! It can seriously spoil your game when it's too easy :P)

Smokee

Got it, thanks! :D
I spawned a Maine coon cause I didn't want to wait any longer, but I won't turn it on again in my main game! 8)

Does having the boreal forest biome have anything to do with the lack of wild cats spawning?

Fluffy (l2032)

considering I haven't specifically set biomes for them, and I seem to be supposed to, nope.

It's all my fault, I'll get to this tomorrow - hopefully.

Fluffy (l2032)

Lions and tigers now spawn in the wild, annoyingly when defining biomes from the animal xml I can only set on biome, so I had to choose one for the tiger. I'ld like him to also spawn in other forests very rarely (same for lion in desert), but went for being slightly more common in rainforest instead. If anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears!

Purble1234

Please do a third legendary cat ( maybe set up a straw poll for lightning, plant life or water legendary based cat?).

FridayBiology

Quote from: Purble1234 on September 16, 2015, 06:42:14 PM
Please do a third legendary cat ( maybe set up a straw poll for lightning, plant life or water legendary based cat?).

isn't having legendary cats a tip of the hat towards Pokemon's Legendary Cats?
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Purble1234

Quote from: FridayBiology on September 18, 2015, 09:59:42 PM

Maybe, but the legendary cats in this mod are cool and fun to play about with ingame.

FMJ Penguin

While the monster legend kitties are very cool, think I'd prefer them to be modular. Personally I always felt the thrumbol was very much out of place in RW too and wish it was a mod instead of part of the game. First time I saw one was kinda shocked honestly... thought to myself "how did mythical creatures fit into the rimworld lore".  Kinda like throwing a unicorn into the fallout series, ok well maybe not that bad but you get what I mean. haha

Not saying remove them but just be nice to have them separate so you could pick and choose. Say I wanted to play a crazy less realistic play-through with all those fun things I could but I could also choose to leave them out of my normal games if I wanted. Sry hope that didn't come across as somehow insensitive or something.. isn't meant to be :/  Very much enjoying the mod ither way :)
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

lokidemon

I'm working on something  ;)

Quote from: FridayBiology on September 18, 2015, 09:59:42 PM
Sorry, but not really  :-[ Or at least not by me anyway.  I'm not a huge Pokemon fan and wasn't really aware of any kind of cat Pokemons. Sorry to disappoint.

@FMJPenguin
No insensitivity detected  ;) Fluffy promised to think about making them modular, but for now you can disable the Feenix and Icicat if you tweak the XML file in the mod folder.

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on September 08, 2015, 05:29:31 PM
Go to your mods folder, and then to this file;
Mods\Cats!\Defs\IncidentDefs\IncidentFeenix.xml

Open it with a text editor, and change the bit where it says <chance>0.7</chance> to <chance>0</chance>. That will stop them coming in the future. Use the dev mode to kill the one you have walking around if he bothers you too much.
Same procedure for Icicat  ;)

Purble1234

Can't wait to see what you're planning!, any idea when it will be done?