[A12d] Cats! (updated 23-9, hardier legendaries, lowered volume)

Started by Fluffy (l2032), August 25, 2015, 06:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should I focus on?

More domestic cats
61 (26.4%)
Wild cats (Lion, Sphynx, Tiger, etc. )
119 (51.5%)
Cat Food, other cat related objects.
51 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 231

lokidemon

Aw, Fluffy, are you serious about no more legendary cats? I was waiting for my wrist to heal up to draw another one  :-\

dareddevil7

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: lokidemon on September 29, 2015, 03:22:13 PM
Aw, Fluffy, are you serious about no more legendary cats? I was waiting for my wrist to heal up to draw another one  :-\
Not really :P Sorry, sarcasm doesn't come across well over the net.

They're a lot of work to implement with the cool stuff they deserve, but your graphics for them have been well worth it so far. That said, I will likely make the legendaries into a separately downloadable mod soon ;).

Quote from: dareddevil7 on September 29, 2015, 03:28:23 PM
This needs a scratching post
There is one. What more can I say? It doesn't need research, and cats will actually use it. (if you don't build a few, they'll scratch up your base, causing minor damage).

quxzcover

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on September 04, 2015, 07:51:23 AM
Oh it's play for me too, wouldn't do this if it felt like work. Only difference is that I enjoy fiddling with code as well ;).

I've tried finding a mythological reference for a cat (had to stop myself from googling 'cat on fire', realised that I probably wouldn't like what I found just before I pressed enter). No luck though.

How about "Feenix" (Feline Phoenix), "Flamebeast" or "Living Flame"?
Theres no actual pictures of cats on fire that i could find. just edited photos to make awsome looking flame cats like you were saying.

MeliaElentari

Tigers and lions make the best sounds! I smile every time I hear it.

Jackal Lord

First off I just want to say great mod. My colony wouldn't be complete without pet lions. One thing I've noticed though is a tamed Feenix will try and set colonists on fire for sustenance, and even run out of it's designated area to continue setting them on fire. My animal handler almost burned to death trying to train ours! It would be nice if they wouldn't set colonists on fire for food.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Jackal Lord on November 17, 2015, 07:44:34 PM
First off I just want to say great mod. My colony wouldn't be complete without pet lions. One thing I've noticed though is a tamed Feenix will try and set colonists on fire for sustenance, and even run out of it's designated area to continue setting them on fire. My animal handler almost burned to death trying to train ours! It would be nice if they wouldn't set colonists on fire for food.
Thanks, happy to hear you're enjoying the mod :)

As for Feenixes settings people on fire, I personally kindof feel like this is perfectly fine behaviour. A feenix is sort of a fire elemental, you can try to 'tame' it, but it'll always be a fire elemental, not a lapdog. When it's hungry, it finds stuff to burn...

That said, I might look into making a tamed Feenix (i dislike the word tame for feenixes, for the above mentioned reason) check for other things to set on fire before it resorts to BBQ'ing colonists.

Schweppes

I didnt read all messages on this topic, but i'll add my thoughts.
I would really like to see some interactions between humans and cats, something like petting and giving a positive thoughts and something random like while human was petting cat would scratch human and leave negative thoughts, without harming human ofc. Something like +3 or -3 would do.
Anyway, great mod!

TLHeart

Quote from: Schweppes on December 05, 2015, 02:29:08 PM
I didnt read all messages on this topic, but i'll add my thoughts.
I would really like to see some interactions between humans and cats, something like petting and giving a positive thoughts and something random like while human was petting cat would scratch human and leave negative thoughts, without harming human ofc. Something like +3 or -3 would do.
Anyway, great mod!

animals in the game were supposed to give positive thoughts by nuzzling the colonist... but the whole mechanic is broken.

harpo99999

TLHeart

Quote from: harpo99999 on December 05, 2015, 06:47:19 PM
and there is a 'mod' that does fix the nuzzle issue

And that mod conflicts with just about every other mod, and workgivers, causing lots of standing and 10 jobs in 10 tick errors.

harpo99999

I have the nuzzle mod running in my current MANY mod game and no megatick issues, it might be the sequence of mods that is causeing it for you, I have nuzzle as the last loaded. hope this helps you

cucumpear

This person might poke around in Def folders more than is healthy.
https://github.com/cucumpear