Henrietta

Started by Lerxst, August 25, 2015, 01:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lerxst

The story of the tortoise who's lived a long, lonely life in the confines of my freezer.

One day Henrietta followed Ada into the newly constructed walk-in freezer. Possibly it was because she was looking for a place to cool down, or, perhaps some food to eat? Either way, the dark, lonely space filled with frozen potatoes and a few dried out tree stumps became her home for the next 4 months.

Solar flares, eclipses and the constant in and out of colonists on the hot summer days, gave her some relief from the frigid air being pumped into the room. She was able to eat just enough frozen potatoes to keep herself nourished, but never really warmed up to the people around her.

People would step on her, walk over her and treat her like a piece of furniture anytime they had to walk into the freezer, but she just kept right on with her daily patrols of the interior of the freezer unit... even to this very day!

(and the occasional bug-alerts give me a chuckle every now and then... "weird... legitimate reason")

milon

Tortoises are supposed to hibernate during the cold season, so maybe that's why Henrietta likes it there?

Lerxst

If she wasn't always on the verge of death, I might have thought so too...

An update to this story though: Henrietta is now living peacefully in my barn. Well, not so peacefully. It seems tortoises make one hell of a fighting beast! She's gnawed the legs off of a few raiders now and then :)

MultiDavid

Quote from: Lerxst on September 02, 2015, 11:08:47 PM
If she wasn't always on the verge of death, I might have thought so too...

An update to this story though: Henrietta is now living peacefully in my barn. Well, not so peacefully. It seems tortoises make one hell of a fighting beast! She's gnawed the legs off of a few raiders now and then :)

Ol'Heller 2.0 ( walking dead reference )