Animal Breeding

Started by Alitaria, August 26, 2015, 01:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alitaria

It's amazing how quickly it can get out of hand

I started with one Sow and 2 Pigs....That was around 7 ingame months ago
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

StorymasterQ

They are such pigs. Honestly. (shakes head)
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

TMAN80SS

sorry about this man, but how did you get them to breed? I'm trying with a buck and an ewe but its not working very well. Is it a random things the animals have to do or can i speed up the process?

MultiDavid

Quote from: TMAN80SS on August 30, 2015, 12:34:06 AM
sorry about this man, but how did you get them to breed? I'm trying with a buck and an ewe but its not working very well. Is it a random things the animals have to do or can i speed up the process?

I had 2 chinchillas, and 4 muffalo, i had my chinchillas in an enclosed place with hay and they bred, my muffalos eating outside ? Haven't seen one of them pregnant yet, same for boomalopes.

Mihsan

Quote from: MultiDavid on August 30, 2015, 01:05:40 AMI had 2 chinchillas, and 4 muffalo, i had my chinchillas in an enclosed place with hay and they bred, my muffalos eating outside ? Haven't seen one of them pregnant yet, same for boomalopes.

It is good to rotate them from time to time. In small barn animals are closer to each other and have bigger chance to mate. But outside they are eating free food from pasture.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Alitaria

As far as i can see, its just about keeping them in a relatively enclosed space and waiting.
My situation has only "worsened" as now i have around 25 pigs running around :/
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

MultiDavid

Quote from: Alitaria on August 30, 2015, 04:13:03 AM
As far as i can see, its just about keeping them in a relatively enclosed space and waiting.

Probably the best idea, yeah, and surprisingly bigger animals are worth more than smaller ones most of the time xD ( eat less food, give more stuff )
My situation has only "worsened" as now i have around 25 pigs running around :/

Panzer

Hey guys, can you tell me what biome you played and which critters didnt mate? Just a suspicion but I had 3 boomrats in the jungle, in a 2x2 area for months and nothing happened, same with muffalos, any native critter though was able to breed, boomalopes, alpacas, boars, so Im thinking it only works with native animals?

MultiDavid

Quote from: Panzer on August 30, 2015, 04:39:53 PM
Hey guys, can you tell me what biome you played and which critters didnt mate? Just a suspicion but I had 3 boomrats in the jungle, in a 2x2 area for months and nothing happened, same with muffalos, any native critter though was able to breed, boomalopes, alpacas, boars, so Im thinking it only works with native animals?

I tried previously with boars on a pasture, on their native biome, the arid... wastelands ? I believe its called, thats where i tried breeding the muffalo too.

FridayBiology

build a internal animal zone and only allow trainers to feed them.
"hey, honey i'm hungry but, theres no food want to fawk?"
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology