Alternate metal sources

Started by Clayton, August 22, 2014, 10:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clayton

It's kind of offsetting that the "flat" areas you choose aren't actually flat. I understand there has to be a way to mine metal, so here's my suggestion: (cuz I'd really like to play on a flat map lol)

Spaceship wreckage! You can mine it, it yields metal like the ore/rock would.

ShadowTani

Or make sure all "mountains" on flat maps only have a thin stone roof. That way you can mine it all away without leaving behind areas with rock roof that can't be removed.

Other than that I guess this is more fitting for the suggestion forum though. x3

XrypticPyro

Well if you really desire flat maps, the new world creator gives you the options of selecting a non-mountain or hill location. This gives you a very flat and very exposed area from my experiences so far.

Clayton

Even the flat, low elevation spots have "hills" of rock and metal. It's not really flat, just smaller hills.

MajorFordson

Hopefully drilling/mining will be in the game eventually, even if it's just a structure that does it since the game doesn't have full three dimensions.

Rahjital

A completely flat map without any stone would frankly be quite boring. I agree that it should not generate any 'overhead mountains', but small knolls are good to have there.

Gabriel_Braun

Quote from: Clayton on August 22, 2014, 10:01:16 PM
It's kind of offsetting that the "flat" areas you choose aren't actually flat. I understand there has to be a way to mine metal, so here's my suggestion: (cuz I'd really like to play on a flat map lol)

Spaceship wreckage! You can mine it, it yields metal like the ore/rock would.

This is already a feature although the output of metal is quite low 'per chunk' in vanilla.  Personally I increase the yield to ~50 as it's a tile-sized piece of refined wreckage but meh :)

Bruvvy

Ehh, they don't really bother me that much