Thought bubble.

Started by FMJ Penguin, August 26, 2015, 06:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FMJ Penguin

So have gotten quite a bit more playtime in and noticed that the joy system really does help make your lil guys feel less "lifeless" and robotic. But you never really see what they're up to unless you specifically focus on your dudes while they happen to be doing one of these actions like "praying" for instance(I was kinda shocked when I saw that one. Pretty cool honestly and I'm no religious person). I mean lil things like that I LOVE to see but almost always miss when it happens without anims.

Sense animations are pretty much out of the question and you already use a chat bubble of sorts, you see where I'm going with this?

Now I'm not talking about trying to convey each pawn's actual words like the sims cheesy system. All I'm talking about is conveying they're "feelings" at a given time, during an action or chat sequence or even in a general sense when something they like or dislike happens. Something that's easy to follow on screen that doesn't require 100% of your attention on one pawn at any given time to follow the drama...

In short..., icon usage inside the chat bubble somewhat like the sims but not..... god this is hard to explain lolz. Not pictures of events and shit but general icons. Leaving some stuff to the imagination. Pictures of events don't do this very well imo. I'm partial to these smileys even cuzz they are cute. I mean who doesn't like smileys  ;D   8)   ::)   :-[   :-\   >:( 

Something like this may have already been planned so just ignore the post if so. But wanted to get that out there while I was thinking about it . Back to playing for me...., Cass is being nice to me for once :P
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Tagasaki

imagine a pawn visiting a grave while having that "deal with it" smiley  8) .

kinda like the way it is, it's not like we're playing god sim, having to know their dirty lil secrets  :P .

FMJ Penguin

Hehe, well I didn't mean these smileys in particular. They have an artist. Put his skillz to the test and come up with icons that would fit the RW theme"as it is"  :)  Maybe some would be ok as actual event icons like the grave one and such. Or even all of them, heck I don't know it's kinda one of those things you have to try out and see what it feels/looks like in game I guess. May end up being a horrible idea in the end.
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"