Can't create new colonies (12.911)

Started by NephilimNexus, August 27, 2015, 05:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NephilimNexus

Just installed latest version (12.911, as of 8.27).  No mods.  Old planet no longer viable, erased.  Created new planet.  Went to pick Storyteller, no problem.  Got to "select world," one one choice, hit "select" ... and nothing happens.  Game pauses for a second and that's it.  It's not stuck - I can back out of that screen, but I can't go forward.  No new colony.   :(

mckinnal

im haveing the same problem. at first i thought it was my mods but even after i disabled them it still wouldnt work

Tynan

Please post your output_log file from the RimWorld911_Data folder. Thanks.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

mckinnal

post it here? because its really long

Coenmcj

No, don't post the contents of it, just the file.
click the 'attachments and other options' at the bottom of the post editor, then use the "attach" option to select the output_log file. :)

Then it'll show up at the bottom of your post like this and we can use it to help. V

[attachment deleted due to age]
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

mckinnal

i think i did this right

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tynan

There are mods active. Perhaps it's trying to find them and it can't. Either open and close your mods screen, or just delete the mods config file (found by using Open Save Folder in Options menu).

See below how it's trying to load code from a DermalRegenerator. That's not in the vanilla game.

Fallback handler could not load library C:/Users/Augustus/Desktop/RimWorldAlpha12cWin/RimWorld911Win/RimWorld911Win_Data/Mono/data-0DCB8370.dll
ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly DermalRegenerator: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ModAssemblyHandler.AssemblyIsUsable (System.Reflection.Assembly asm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Loader exceptions:

=> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Verse.IThingContainerGiver' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.11.5662.35584, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

=> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass8' from assembly 'DermalRegenerator, Version=0.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Could not find a type named DermalRegenerator.Building_DermalRegeneratorNew

mckinnal

so just delete the config file, run the game, and make sure dermalregeneration is not on, and see if it works?

Tynan

Yep. Either open and close your mods screen, or just delete the mods config file (found by using Open Save Folder in Options menu).

mckinnal

just a heads up, the mod ExpandedProstetics&OrganEngineering  also causes the error if you try to make a world with that mod on. just letting you know